Share This Page:

NEW TV DOCUMENTARY -HELP

"The Team Works" Discussions about the Royal Navy.
daisy

NEW TV DOCUMENTARY -HELP

Post by daisy »

I am writing to you from Folio/Mentorn Television in London, as you know we’re one of the UK’s most respected independent television producers, with a track record of high profile, award-winning programming for the UK and worldwide.

We are making a new programme for ITV that shows what war is like, from a soldiers’ viewpoint. This intends to be a positive portrayal of a soldiering life beyond combat – the friendships and camaraderie, the ups and downs behind the front line. We want to highlight stories of valour which go unnoticed and show our soldiers making the best of a difficult situation.

We would like to tell these stories using the words and pictures of those who have been posted in Iraq. The video made by British soldiers in Iraq, their version of, ‘Is This the Way to Amarillo’ posted on www.youtube.com showed the true character of British soldiers. We would like to interview a selection of soldiers and use the footage which they have shot themselves while they were posted in Iraq.

We hope this is going to be an up-beat, positive look behind the scenes.

Amongst other programmes, Mentorn produce BBC’s Question Time and Dispatches. As Folio we specialize in dealing with organizations such as the police force and the fire brigade. We have worked with the armed forces before on The Glass House for Channel 4 and P-Company about the Royal Marine Commandos for ITV.

If you have any moving footage that you shot yourself whilst posted in Iraq then please do get in touch. You can either email me on dwallace@mentorn.tv or if you’d like to chat a bit more about the programme my direct number is 020 7258 6875.