Share This Page:

Politicians lying and getting away with it

Interested or active in politics, discuss here.
whatswrongwithworld

Post by whatswrongwithworld »

I can't even remember...apart from making me realise that something needs to be done! Tony Blair did that quite recently!
barbie

Post by barbie »

so tell me , if polititions equal democracy why do we hold it so dear?
Tab

Post by Tab »

If you listen to most of the politicians, there language is couch in such terms that it allows them to wriggle out of any thing. The greatest past master of double speak was Harold Wilson. Tony Blair being a trained lawyer is very careful in just what he says and he there are always a number if and buts put into his speech to allow him to take up a new position on most subjects with abandoning his last one.
terryrat

Post by terryrat »

What the hell is COUCH language please TAB :oops: i think BILAIR :x speaks toad too :wink:
barbie

Post by barbie »

snogging!!!
whatswrongwithworld

Post by whatswrongwithworld »

It is all in the language they use...notice most of what they say is so vague you can't even figure out what they mean!Bush has used certain catchphrases 'war on terrorism', 'freedom agenda', 'protecting our country' and drummed it into the consiousness of the American masses so mush so that they now believe that Saddam Hussein was behind the 9/11 attacks...Bush has deliberately blurred the line between Afghanistan and Iraq...he knows full well that nobody has been able to find any pre-war links between the two so when he claims that he is fighting terrorists in Iraq to stop them from attacking America again this is so manipulative because America has never been attacked by Iraqi terrorists. Bush has used his catchphrases to scare Americans into believing they would be under attack from Iraqis if he wasn't there stopping them....disgusting. Blair has been bad but hasn't quite managed to succeed in doing this (except for at the beginning)
ZiskStov

Post by ZiskStov »

alreet guys!
im the sister of a marine in 45 over in afghanistan and my family and i are having a mini campaign. this is the main gist of it...

"Our soldiers and marines in Afghanistan are lamentably underequipped for the job they are being asked to carry out. Additionally they are not getting the necessary help when returning after service to enable them to cope with the traumatic experiences they have undergone. The fact that the vehicles they are using are often inferior to those used by our allies is a national disgrace. These brave men and women deserve much better."

If youre up for it then please get ur families and mates to sign it on:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Aidourtroops/

come on guys help me make them take more notice!