Share This Page:

uniform

"Flying High" Discussions about the Royal Air Force.
Sticky Blue

Post by Sticky Blue »

Jacobean, Dark and Oak.
Harry... I'm with you!!
Drums beating, colours flying and bayonets fixed...
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Cdt Cooper

Post by Cdt Cooper »

I wear some normal parade shoes theyre pretty cheap i guess, but i got iven them so... enough said. I spoke to my warrant officer and he said that theyve probably reached their max bull or summit like that. Im gonna get sum new ones soon from town (Liverpool!) and some instant shine lol.

:snipersmile: :n00b:
Sticky Blue

Post by Sticky Blue »

Cdt, Get a knife and scrape the polish off the toecap... and start again! So long as the shoes are wearable and in a good state of repair they are good to go on with. Scrape it all off... it has a strange theraputic quality when you do it!
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Topper

Post by Topper »

Become an NCO and get someone else to do it for you.
Sticky Blue

Post by Sticky Blue »

Topper... as a SNCO I want to know where my boot cleaner is?? We clean our own kit. I don't even let the long hair do my shirts... she might be OK at ironing things but I do my own shirts and trousers for work. That way, if I cock them up it is my fault and I can't blame anyone else!
Cdt Cooper

Post by Cdt Cooper »

its ste. my shoes aren't in very good state of repair but id like to see Warrant Officer Howard's face if they fell apart!

:painting:
Topper

Post by Topper »

Well i was a Flt sergeant and i got someone else to clean my boots, prehaps the ATC has a better, more fuedal chain of command than the corps??????????????? :D :D :lol:
Cdt Cooper

Post by Cdt Cooper »

It's getting better at this squadron ive just transfered to. There will be more NCOs and 2 flights instead of 1.
MSPAH1983

What i did for my boots when i was in the ATC.

Post by MSPAH1983 »

The way i got my boot shining like a mirror is to get a very small tray of water and just dip the cloth u are putting the polish on with and swap. "Rub polish on in small circles, then dab on water to the cloth and the same again but with water in small circles, then polish again in small circles, then a dap of water, then polish......etc" Good alternative to spiting all over your boots. ;-)
Do that for a while don't really take long. Once it begins shining buff up with a normal cloth then get a pair of ur moms old tights and buff up with them as well, Comes up a dream.

But once done make sure u don't scuff them, it's a right pain when u do that.

Good Luck lol
Cdt Cooper

Post by Cdt Cooper »

I use the second method works really well, the other night i bulled me boots for 2.5 hours and then scuffed em getting out of the car going in to cadets!
i was not amused!

ste
Falkens

Post by Falkens »

Take the advice from the others regarding the shining your shoes, you should be perfect at them by now. Dont wear your shoes to cadets, wear trainers and put a duster of your shoes.
Lets talk about another subject like why most cadet SNCO are a*se lickers to the officers?
Cdt Cooper

Post by Cdt Cooper »

lol yeah they are aren't they!

ste
RobT

Post by RobT »

whatever you do..people who see you polishing your boots frok behind will think your polishing one off...beware ok 8)
Tab

Post by Tab »

The spoon and candle were for getting the dimples out of the boots. You heated the spoon in the flame of the candle and ironed out the pimples.
Before we steam irons, and the one electric iron was only allowed to be used for pressing your uniform. We could only have one electric iron in each block as there were no sockets for it and it had to be plugged in to the ceiling light, more than one caused all the lights to fail. To get the final polish on the boots you got a yellow duster and dabbed it in the polish and would then with your finger in the duster rub the polish in small circles until it went hard and you then spat on it it soften it up and carried on rubbing it until it was all gone, then you would start again until you had built up a thick layer of hard polish which you could see enough of your face to shave in the refelection. After joining the Para's they took one look at my shiny boots and sent me my over the assualt course in them.
they reckoned that all the polish and dimple burning would cause the boots to split and if you in action with split boots you where no use to them. If your boots split on the assault course you were on a charge and you payed for new boots. Funny old life in the Army.

:drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking: