Share This Page:

PTSD SURVIVOR

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
PILOT

PTSD SURVIVOR

Post by PILOT »

Hello all,
my name is Andy Gregory, I am a decorated former paratrooper, patrols expert and Ex-RAF parachute pilot. I have been researching PTSD for the past eight years and I have been studying psychology for the past year.

I have written my first book it is called 'Defence In Mind'. This book is a ground-breaking book of emotional survival written for anyone with any kind of military connections.

When I was diagnosed with PTSD eight years ago I could not find any centralised information for service personnel about this exhausting condition. I had no idea how the hell I was going to recover.

So I started to study PTSD and its causes and how we can recover from this condition. I have gathered a lot of information along the way.

So now I fully understand why I became ill with PTSD. I have put all of the information that I have gained into my new book 'Defence In Mind'.
I have explained the causes of PTSD in very basic NAAFI style briefings.
I have included my own traumatic account of my life to date.

I nearly lost my life to this condition now I have a chance to save yours.

You can visit my website at www.defenceinmind.co.uk and take a look for yourself.

Thanks for now,
Andy Gregory.
8)
Ploggers

Post by Ploggers »

What do you mean by decorated ? I note that you have GSM after your name on the cover. Is this the General Service Medal - EG Northern Ireland or a completely different GSM ?

I'm only aware of the one GSM - I stand to be corrected - in which case its a bit of an exaggeration to refer to holding the GSM as being decorated. I understood decorated to mean gallantry awards over and above campaign medals.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Hello Andy, welcome aboard. Are you here to join in/start discussions on PTSD or to advertise your book? If you want to advertise your book that`s fine mate , nowt wrong with that. Anything which places PTSD in the wider public arena is good as far as I`m concerned. There is an area on here specifically for the purpose of discussing the condition. Your book isn`t out down here yet but I shall look out for it.
Now, what`s this about singer songwriter :-?
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
PILOT

PTSD SURVIVOR

Post by PILOT »

Hello Harry hackedoff,
Thanks for your welcome not like that other dude he was very mean and nasty :wink:

Still moving onwards and upwards as they say. Look I need all the help that I can get to get my life experience of PTSD to as many people as possible. If you can help in any way then please do so.

I will post a checklist from my perspective on PTSD on the PTSD section.
Just one more quick point:
Plodder Please refer to COLLINS ENGLISH DICKTIONARY AND THESAURUS containing 34,000 Definitions and 75,000 Synonyms where you will be able to find an answer to my definition and your question.

Harry let me know what you could do to help I have got many people on board. They are all giving me excellent support in this project.

So if anyone can offer constructive assistance please let me know.
Cheers for now Andy Gregory.
8)
Tab

Post by Tab »

Hi Pilot....What Battalion did you serve with,where and when it could be we know some of the same people.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Is this a bite?
got1

Post by got1 »

Pilot, can you tell me what an "RAF parachute pilot" is?. Never heard that one before, but maybe I'm having another "senior moment". :)
anglo-saxon

Post by anglo-saxon »

OK, everyone please stop mocking our resident decorated patrols expert. It is undignified.

Also: I believe a parachute pilot stems from the lean years under the labour government of the 70's when pilots were at a premium. The paras had to fly themselves up and jump out. There was no report of what happened to the aircraft in this short-lived experiement!
got1

Post by got1 »

A/S, stop taking the piss.
Got1, GSM (2Bars) &UN :)
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Doc, not forking many :P
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]