Share This Page:

ice hockey in the navy

"The Team Works" Discussions about the Royal Navy.
sully26

ice hockey in the navy

Post by sully26 »

hi im currently applying for the royal marines and have set up a forum in the marines link aswell over 2weeks ago but no one could help.

anyway the main question here is do the navy have an ice hockey team?, do they share with other services?, or do they jus play in teams outside of the forces?

if anyone can get back to me on this i will be very happy as i have been trying to fnd this information out for quite sometime. thanks sully
prmc-25th july-passed
2nd october- recruit training
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

No They don't.
For more information on Non-Sports activities ask Anglo.
He should know.
Ice Hockey is just an excuse for a fight.
A little like European Soccer.
Four Hundred Arrested just last night.
Farking Morons.
I just hope the"World Cup"Never comes close to Atlanta.
I really am praying that the US loses as soon as possible.
We have no business playing the stupid game that excites so many people.
I don't give a flying f@#k at a rolling dohnut who wins.
Still, it seems to keep the Brit's occupied When not fillng out their UB-40's
Or claiming Welfare :evil:
Sonne

Post by Sonne »

I just hope the"World Cup"Never comes close to Atlanta.
The USA Hosted the World Cup in 1994.

400 People arrested out of several Hundreds of thousand who have made the trip isn't that bad. Besides i'd say about 75% of it is drunk and disorderly collars.
European Soccer
I Find that term offensive! It's Football! In so called "American Football" you're foot rarely comes in contact with the fooking ball! It's just rugby for girls! Yeah you get some nasty hits but i've seen far worse in amateur rugby matches over here.
I really am praying that the US loses as soon as possible
3-0 to the Czech Republic, so i guess it wont be too long now.

Bloody yanks. *grumbles and goes back to watching the game*

Sonne
Noble and manly music invigorates the spirit, strengthens the wavering man, and incites him to great and worthy deeds - Homer
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Typical Farking Brit reaction.
Wouldn't know a real game if it hit you in the face :D :D :D
I was dragged up playing Rugby(Union)And Cricket.
Still prefer Baseball.
And who are you to call me"A Bloody Yank"
I'm a good ole Southern Boy.Iv'e lived in the Sarf all my life.
South of England,Then North Carolina.
Pointless factoid.
North Carolina sent and lost more people in the War between the States than any other State.Our State Troopers still wear the"Black and the Gray"
Makes me laugh when I see a Black Trooper in the uniform(One of my best buddies is a Black Trooper,I call him Uncle Tom just to wind him up)
When I call a 10-19 out of State duristriction,It's him I wan't to see.
He got hung out to dry one time up in the mountains,Thought he was gonna get lynched.What comes around goes around.I got his sorry black ass out of the do do.He has done the same for me several times.
Waffle over.
Ya'll call me a Yankee one more time I'll have you hunted down and killed.
:wink:
Sonne

Post by Sonne »

Then Shame on you Wholley. SHAME SHAME SHAME. You should defend the beautiful game until your dying breath. Nay further than that your headstone should bear witness to your love for football!

Baseball? Pah! It's Rounders for those without the talent to use a small bat.

Cricket is an aquired taste. The old Jamaican elements of my family are mad for it so i've been brought up on it too. Still don't understand most of it nor do i care one bit!

Sonne

p.s. THREAD HIJACK!
Noble and manly music invigorates the spirit, strengthens the wavering man, and incites him to great and worthy deeds - Homer
sully26

Post by sully26 »

where can i find anglo then.
is he a member of this forum.

p.s your ot hi-jacking the thread yet
prmc-25th july-passed
2nd october- recruit training
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Sully,
Check out Anglo-Saxon.
Send him a bunch of pointless PM's.
While he's giving you a hard time he's leaving me alone :D :D

As for you Sonne,
Cricket was derived from rounders.
Both Cricket and baseball came about at around the same time.
"Rounders"Was first played here in the US.
Up North in Yankee land against the Native Indians.
Way before the little tea incident in Boston. :P
Brian-

Post by Brian- »

Sonne wrote:You should defend the beautiful game until your dying breath. Nay further than that your headstone should bear witness to your love for football!
I wouldn't go that far. As patriotic as I am, it's still only a load of ponces kicking a ball around then hurling themselves to the ground and crying like a girl when someone gently nudges them! Full of ridiculously overpaid cheats and liars really isn't it? :D
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Just as an aside,
My In-Laws love"Footballers Wives".
I can't stand it but she tapes it and I have to go over to translate.
As far as I'm concerned it's just Crossroads with Knockers :evil:
JoJo82

Post by JoJo82 »

Wholley, you are very wrong about rounders forming cricket. Cricket was first sported fore the USA was formed as America, with records dating back 1300's and onwards.

Not highjacking the thread but it goes into the retreat,
[img]http://www.btinternet.com/~stuart.bowell/jb.jpg[/img]
[url=http://pregnancy.baby-gaga.com/][img]http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev307bf___.png[/img][/url]
Frank S.

Post by Frank S. »

Brian- wrote: it's still only a load of ponces kicking a ball around then hurling themselves to the ground and crying like a girl when someone gently nudges them! Full of ridiculously overpaid cheats and liars really isn't it? :D
:D
Brings to mind the anecdote about Bonaparte being crowned (forcibly) by the pope as emperor.
Annoyed by all the pump and circumstance, as well as having to kneel, Bonaparte muttered "comediante" to the pope, who replied "tragediante".
One of the great comebacks...
anglo-saxon

Post by anglo-saxon »

Wholley wrote: Ice Hockey is just an excuse for a fight.
You say that like it's a bad thing! You're just jealous becaus y'all haven't figured out how to make ice down there yet!

Actually, the "new" NHL is far less tollerant of scraps. A lot of penalties were given in these Stanly Cup play-offs. Just for payers removing a hand from the stick during a check on the boards. Still, it was fun watching the refs picking up the teeth of the ice on my bud's big screen high def' the other night.

Anyway, it's all for nought now. The Edmonton Oilers lost game seven of the final and the Carolina Hurricanes (half of whom are Canadian) took the cup. I hark back to the good old days of the Oilers taking five straght Stanley Cups in the late 80's, when Gretzky, Messier, Huddy, McTavish, Lowe, Kurri, Fuhr, etc. played their hearts out. Now Lowe's the GM, McTavish the Head Coach and Huddy an assistant coach and I've yet to see Messier miss being at a game. Almost like the old days...but not quite!
chris78290

Post by chris78290 »

the RN/RM does in fact have an ice hockey team, they are called the RN Destroyers, more information is available from their website at http://www.rnicehockey.piczo.com
goldie ex rmp

Post by goldie ex rmp »

As a big Ice Hockey fan and player in my youth i asked this question at me local office before joining the Army.

The nice Sgt informed me that the Army had one of the best teams ever and if i got in then it would be a track suit for my carear and not combats plus quick promotion as with the Ski Teams.

That's just the job for me i said as i signed away and took the Queens silver.

What a fibbing little fecker the Sgt was and what a lot of piss taking i had when asking about it at my unit as a crow......still i did manage to have a bit of the ski life befre i left Germany so not all bad!!
Exemplo Ducemus (By Example We Lead)

"Do not confuse your rank with my authority....Sir!"