Share This Page:

The Army and RAF

Talk about Military Life, Families, Relatives, Wives, Mothers, Fathers, Brothers and Sisters and the community.
theglock17

The Army and RAF

Post by theglock17 »

Hello, I have came here because I need some advice. I like the sound of the RMP (Royal Military Police) and found that I can sign up from the start without any previous service in combat etc. Please can anyone give me some information regarding the RMP, I have visited various webpages but I have not found if you are operational in the middle east or you are bsed nationally etc. armed guarding of bases and looking after buildings. I am referring to General duties, but my friend who is in the Navy said that all Military Police officers have to go to countries of war and alot of Military police are killed. He is in the Navy, so I don't know If he is lying to me.

I was also thinking of the RAF regiment but he again said that the minimum service time in 9 years after you complete your training and then you need 12 months notice. He also said that I cant join because I am afraid of heights and I am too tall. Is this also true.

Please can anyone help me as this could be a major stepping stone and milestone in my life If I joined when I leave sixth form. :(
Brian-

Re: The Army and RAF

Post by Brian- »

theglock17 wrote:He also said that I cant join because I am afraid of heights and I am too tall
How tall are you??? :o

You'll probably get a better response if you post in the respective forums, or over on www.mfat.co.uk/forums

Interesting website in your profile by the way. You in the SAS then...?