Share This Page:

Taffy Pascoe

Book of Condolences & Obituaries - Express your sympathy, lest we forget.
TJD

Taffy Pascoe

Post by TJD »

Well this fella recently passed away in the John Radcliffe Hospital on 17 Mar 06.

Taffy, a big welshman (if you hadn't guessed) was my Fathers best friend and both served together in the Army. Taffy was ex-para Reg (can't remember which one), SF and then RAOC, retired as a WO1 in the very early 90's.

Suffered from a mild stroke then had a brain anuerism 3 weeks ago, aged only 57. Will find out more from my Father this weekend and then add in the various details.

Taffy was a top bloke and constantly bantered me for Joining the RAF and being a Rupert (can't blame him to be honest). He also bought me my first beer (in the Sgts Mess at Osnabruck) and then denied he bought me it when the RSM busted me sipping it in the snooker room (I was aged only 10!!). A thouroughly nice big fella who leaves behind a wife and 2 kids, I know I will miss him but most definately so will my Father.

Rest in Peace
Sticky Blue

Post by Sticky Blue »

I'm sure you have happy memories of him... remember the good times.

Carry on Taff
Drums beating, colours flying and bayonets fixed...
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Rest easy Taff,
God bless :wink:
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
Doc

Post by Doc »

Rest easy indeed Taff

Best wishes to your Dad and yourself TJD

Doc
La Langosta

Post by La Langosta »

Sleep well Taff.
All the best
Loz
x
got1

Post by got1 »

RIP Taffy.

ps TJD, I can make inquiries if you like on our site for more info on him.
Dogwatch

Post by Dogwatch »

RIP
You were only supposed to blow the Bloody Doors Off....
Ploggers

Post by Ploggers »

I also knew Taff Pascoe, he was and old fashioned soldier. even though he was by that stage a 'blanket stacker' I would put his platoon alongside any within any infantry regiment. The intensity of the training was unimaginable for the RAOC at that time.

One funny story I recall about him was this. A couple of guys in the RAOC briefly got involved with a group of local 'new romantics'. After a night out when they sucommed to the girls insistance of daubing a bit of rouge on. they managed a quick roll in the hay then back to camp still showing signs of said rouge. Still, owt for a leg over!

Anyway, Taff was Guard Commander when these lads turned in after a night at the local hostilery. That night there had been an attack in Aldershot by PIRA consequently the alert had gone up to amber. As they two got out of their car and went to sign in, Taff noticed their slight reddening of the cheeks and screamed STAND UP!!!

What the f*** are you two then?
Been to a fancy dress party Sgt.
No f***ing shit sherlock!!!
Eventually after much taunting they were sent away with an instruction to reappear looking like soldiers within 5 minutes.

Next morning on parade Taff brings the parade to attention and speaks:

'It has come to my attention that certain factions of this fine body of men have taken to wearing frocks and make up' Now remember ladies, when you go out on the town for a night out remember you are representing HM Forces so farking look like it! A little less lipstick, a slightly lighter shade of blusher, and always always remember to moisturise.

6 months later the lads had started to live it down.

Rest in peace Taff. A soldiers soldier.