Share This Page:

Comments About The Treatment Overview

Discussions and general chat about PTSD. Feel free to introduce yourself or if you need help, please reach out and ask.
Tony@CS

Post by Tony@CS »

Harry,

Thanks for the succinct and honest review of our treatment centre at Leatherhead!

I will forward the bribe of thousands of pounds forthwith.

Regards

Tony@CS
SYB

Post by SYB »

H and Co,

All I would like to say is well done and thankyou for putting time into this.
I have learned a lot from your report and will be able to pass this on..
Best wishes
Simon
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Thanks, Tony@CS
I have tried to make my report as factual as possible. What I would like to say on a personal level is how all of your team came across.
Such dedication is rare, these days. If I had to sum up their attitude, I would say, compassionate and humane. They are a credit to you mate.
Once Mutley posts his input then I will make this Topic an "announcement only" topic so that it will be easilly accessible to all.
And by the way Tone, do you still want the alloys for the Cozzy?

Aye, Harry
Beast
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Beast »

Thanks for your report Harry, very interesting and informative.
Mutley

Post by Mutley »

Harry and I had a debrief session before he posted his report, so I have very little to add.

One important contribution though is that alternative treatments are discussed, and explained to you - apparently many arrive with GPs having prescribed entirely the wrong medication. You return home with knowledge (and knowledge is power). And if you want a letter that says Oy big nose get the medication right - you get one

The staff tend to leave the withdrawn, the non-participants, because experience tells them one of the other guys will take them under their wing ........ (Buddy, buddy).

Finally two points about sleep:
1. if the only way you can sleep is under a brushwood bivvy, then thats okay!
2. if you sit up all night chatting to a new found oppo and want to sleep all day, thats therapy too!

I am not one for badges and the like, but I now have a Combat Stress lapel pin - It is with great pride that I wear it. Tony, thanks to you all for making us feel so welcome and for the encouragement.

In hoc Vinces.