Share This Page:

Living in norfolk - can someone confirm the nearest 4 para ?

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
AntonyP2014

Living in norfolk - can someone confirm the nearest 4 para ?

Post by AntonyP2014 »

Hello,

I've started an application for 4 para, I live in norwich, it looks like the nearest unit is in Central London ....is that the case, is there one in colchester ?

Thanks in advance for any replies !
Zero_Higher

Re: Living in norfolk - can someone confirm the nearest 4 pa

Post by Zero_Higher »

B Company which covers the south has two TA centres. Central London: White City (South Africa Road) and the other, just outside in Croydon (Mitcham Road).

Best.
A determined person doesn't find it hard to succeed; they find it hard to stop trying
AntonyP2014

Post by AntonyP2014 »

Thanks

Will the regiment see travelling 2 1/2 hours each way an issue ? Or will they accept whoever is capable regardless of something like travelling ?
Zero_Higher

Post by Zero_Higher »

Personally I think as long as you can hit the training commitment and the minimum yearly commitment which is 9 weekends, 2 week Annual Camp and a few weeknight drill nights travel time is not an issue.

The pace and tempo of recruit training can be intense. Your travel time is your own choice and expense. A candidate who fails to display the appropriate level of self discipline and motivation throughout the course will fail. If you can show up when you are supposed to, without fuss then I can't see it being a problem.

It's what you make it.
A determined person doesn't find it hard to succeed; they find it hard to stop trying