Share This Page:

LET'S SORT THIS PLACE OUT- PLEASE READ

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Zero_Higher

LET'S SORT THIS PLACE OUT- PLEASE READ

Post by Zero_Higher »

Morning all,

It is hard to believe that it was around 2007 when I first started reading the forums here. I never actually felt the need to join and often spent many a night reading through the General discussions on joining & training in the British Army category.

Then in late 2007 I joined the Army and off I went to basic training. I was far from blind to what was ahead thanks to this place. I occasionally dipped in and out of the forums during phase two. It was around this time I began to notice the indicators of crisis, the once great forum with fantastic contributors had become a haven for advertising bots and immature bickering. Sadly my attention to the forums had become minimal.

I have recently left the Army having completed a very kinetic operational tour. I am now working within one of the emergency services.

Not to labor my point any further, I do not believe I would have what I have today had it not been for my time in the Army. I honestly feel that this forum back in 2007 helped me "get off the fence" and take the plunge to join.

Now, I feel very strongly in assisting in anyway I can to get this place back to the high standards on which it was built.

In this new era of social media we must work at this place. At a bare minimum, I hope we can at least raise the standards and keep this place ticking over.

Thank you and thanks for having me.

Zero_Higher.
Last edited by Zero_Higher on Tue 06 May, 2014 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A determined person doesn't find it hard to succeed; they find it hard to stop trying
Beast
Administrator
Administrator

Re: LET'S SORT THIS PLACE OUT- PLEASE READ

Post by Beast »

Welcome back aboard Zero_Higher.
Any clues to your former self on here? :lol:
Taken your notes on-board and yes all has certainly been quiet in a long while now and there has been some incidents in the past that has indeed had a knock on effect.
There is a plan in place that is being worked on, but the wheels are turning slowly as to say.
Zero_Higher

Re: LET'S SORT THIS PLACE OUT- PLEASE READ

Post by Zero_Higher »

Beast,

Many thanks boss, It is nice to be "back". I use the inverted commas because technically I wasn't actually a member in the past, I merely lurked in the shadows. Back in 2007 (hard to believe that was seven years ago!) I was very much undecided on whether or not I wanted to join the mob. I used this forum almost exclusively to research. The beauty of it was, and this is testament to how information rich it once was, most of my burning questions had already been asked and answered.

Thanks for the mail.

Standby for a PM mate.

Regards,

Zero.
A determined person doesn't find it hard to succeed; they find it hard to stop trying