Share This Page:

My song, dedicated to our armed forces - When you come Home

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
BenvanRensburg

My song, dedicated to our armed forces - When you come Home

Post by BenvanRensburg »

Hi Guys,

didnt quite know where to post this and didn't want any of you to think i'm spamming your board with shit, but i wanted to bring your attention to a song I made in honor of our British armed forces and my little sister who passed away when she was 15.

ALL proceeds from the sale of the single will be going to the amazing charity Help for Heroes.

The song was originally recorded in demo form in 2011. I was signed by a record label in 2013 who loved the song and wanted to release the song. The downside being they wanted to change the content to be a generic love song and not about our troops or my sister.

I wasnt happy with this so i took the rather bold action of terminating my contract and releasing the song myself. I produced, mixed, mastered the entire record and then directed and edited the video to create it how i wanted it to look, not the way some grubby corporate label wanted it to be portrayed.

You can watch the video and hear the song here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkN872Mga8Y

I spent a good 40 hours putting that together, and even though its not as polished as a professional video, i put my heart and soul into trying to create something full of emotion and integrity.

I just wanted to give something back to the men and women like you guys, who fight every day for my freedom, who do such an incredible job and show extreme bravery in the face of adversity. I only I wish i had a fraction of the bravery you guys have. You're all amazing, each and every one.

I hope you enjoy the song and if you wouldn't mind sharing it around amongst your friends and colleagues that would be an honour. I really want to raise a lot of money for Help for Heroes and remember I do not make a penny out of this because as I said before, ALL proceeds from the song are going to Help for Heroes.

Thanks guys, and keep up the amazing work:)

Ben van Rensburg