Share This Page:

Recovering fitness

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
ofens

Recovering fitness

Post by ofens »

Following illness or injury, fit individuals will find they have "lost" some fitness during the period of inactivity :evil:

Aside from the standard approach of "just get stuck in and it will return",
does anyone have any top tips or advice on things that help specifically with regaining recently lost fitness, as opposed to general fitness training techniques?
[i]Hangover is temporary, drinking lasts forever![/i]
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]
swat_mag

Re: Recovering fitness

Post by swat_mag »

just train, easy... to get again in shape with time...
Elite magazine for elite warriors - http://www.special-ops.org/
Scouse Lancer

Post by Scouse Lancer »

There is no quick fix dude, just training and more training until your back up to where you were. Take it easy and don't aggravate your repaired injury.
Once a Lancer always a Lancer, Ich Dien.

It must be accepted as a principle that the rifle, effective as it is, cannot replace the effect produced by the speed of the horse, the magnetism of the charge and the terror of cold steel. - British Cavalry Training Manual, 1907
ofens

Post by ofens »

Thanks for input both... since last visit to this site leaps and bounds!
Not as fit as I was but on the road back to it 8)
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]
Bailey21

Post by Bailey21 »

You do not have to be worried about it,It's just when we are not in activity mode we usually lose the kinda stamina we have but that's not a very big deal we can gain it back by putting a bit of effort.
All you need to do is make yourself physically active and eat the correct food.
militaryscholes

Post by militaryscholes »

it's true. Stamina only comes with time. and repetition
ofens

Post by ofens »

Well it turns out I was suffering from a condition called Adrenal Fatigue.
It was misdiagnosed and I went through every antibiotic they could throw at me, checked for mental illness (none found!), meanwhile being labelled too old and lazy, amongst other things.
This from people who are younger and have never been as fit as I was before I was ill. Cheers for that...

I finally saw a civi doctor whilst on leave who had his head in his hands that I had been suffering so long and military doctors not failing to diagnose the condition that he recognized quickly after analysing the history.
I'm getting back into shape at last but because of the length of time I was left suffering from this (over a year) it has not been easy!

It's done now so I don't think there's anything I can do about it, but my career has had a massive setback from not only the illness itself but the stigma of performance issues caused by it, falsely attributed to poor character traits.
At least I'm healthy again now and getting back to business.
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]