Share This Page:

Raf regiment joining

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
cal

Raf regiment joining

Post by cal »

im currently 16 doing my A-levels but i really dislike them and would like to drop out and join the raf regiment asap. my mom doesnt mind but really wants me to do my a levels. my only question is how long would it take to (if you joined as a normal gunner) become an officer without a levels and can you actually become an officer without A-levels. Also what are career prospects after the regiment?
Tab

Re: Raf regiment joining

Post by Tab »

So you want to drop out from your A levels, whats matter can't you do them, you don't think that you could get on better in the RAF Regiment if you had them or do you think that every one in the RAF Regiment is thick and has never passed an exam
ofens

Post by ofens »

What A levels are you doing?
It would be good to finish them and have some qualifications, but I'm sure you've already been told this!
[i]Hangover is temporary, drinking lasts forever![/i]
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]
timex

Post by timex »

Two options:-

Finish A levels, means you will be more qualified to do well in the Military and the possibility of a better career. (No A Levels = no Officer chances).

Don't finish A Levels, prospects not good for future betterment and certainly no commision. (I think you may need a degree for commisioning in the RAF)?

Something else to bear in mind, the Military will be able to pick and chose future candidates from a wider pool of volunteeers. If they have a choice will they take a qualified person or non qualified? Bit of a no brainer really.

Think long and hard before you bin your A Levels.