Share This Page:

Sandhurst - Prior military experience

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
Zulu123

Sandhurst - Prior military experience

Post by Zulu123 »

Hello all,

I'm currently in my final year of university studying History and International Relations. I've decided that I want to apply to the AOSB to go to Sandhurst after university. I'm fit (rower) and have a very good knowledge of current affairs, military history and a decent knowledge of other military matters. The only problem is that I don't have any practical prior military experience (OTC, cadets etc). I was wondering how many candidates at Sandhurst will have military experience and how many won't have anything? How many will have come from NCO positions? And how much I would be at a disadvantage having not done OTC?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Tab

Re: Sandhurst - Prior military experience

Post by Tab »

What they are looking for is people with drive, leadership, good mixers,a good understanding of what is going on around them in the world, and if you play sports it is a big plus. If they accept you for Sandhurst then there will be a number of people just like you so don't worry about. The one thing you should do is get an understanding what the army is all about, what it has done in the past, what it is doing now and what it might do in future and how you might fit into it. All so you should have some idea what you want to do if you are accepted as there are a wide range of jobs.