Share This Page:

Phase 1 Fitness and PT

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
hanb1986

Phase 1 Fitness and PT

Post by hanb1986 »

Hi All!

Just curious, and anxious to start preparing early!

Is anyone able to give me an idea of an average weekely routine for fitness and pt during phase 1 please? ie what is done day by day?

I'm starting to work through the army 12 week programme but it would put my mind at ease to know what to expect and whether I would benefit from adding anything to it (without over training of course).

Grateful for any help!

Thanks.
mike.dt

Re: Phase 1 Fitness and PT

Post by mike.dt »

The levels of PT during phase 1 will begin at the standard of fitness required at selection (dependant on your job of course.) i.e they won't expect you to be able to run 12 miles on day 1!

The programme slowly brings you up to the level needed at the end of the course and if you are determined enough and work hard then you will progress to that required level with no problems. What i'm basically trying to say is: get yourself to a stage where you can comfortably pass selection and then let the army do the rest training wise. Focus more on your determination and you will sail through it. Don't go there expecting it to be an easy ride though because it will be probably the most difficult thing you've ever done in your life :)

You can expect to be doing 1-2 hours PT everyday apart from on weekends. HOWEVER, this does not include any beastings that might be dished out for bad behaviour, even if its not you specifically, you're platoon will have to endure blanket punishments (everyone gets punished for one guys mistake)! Also you will be doing exercises which, sometimes, will be many times more arduous than the PT sessions.

In conclusion: There is no definite answer for the amount of Phys that you might be doing, just try to prepare yourself for a really hard 14 weeks!

Best of luck mate! :D
Warfare Not Welfare
(Body Armour not Benefits)
hanb1986

Re: Phase 1 Fitness and PT

Post by hanb1986 »

Thanks for the reply, really useful!

Don't get me wrong, i don't expect it to be anywhere near easy! I just like to be prepared and to know what's ahead, maybe i can minimise those tired muscles by ramping up my own routine was my thinking. With ADSC out the way and my start date end of feb next year i have the time to be a prepared as i wanna be. Although i've heard you can never do enough training for phase 1!

That's put my mind at ease a little. Thanks!