Share This Page:

Combat Team Medic

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
LeBlue

Combat Team Medic

Post by LeBlue »

Hi guys, just really looking for some advice here. Not really sure where else to go as I don't feel ready to join as yet but wish to just weigh my options.

I'm interested in becoming a Paramedic eventually in life and I've considered finishing college and going straight for it, but I've always had a soft spot for the Army, and it's been a serious consideration to join as a Combat Team Medic. I was looking for clarification on the difference between a CTM or a CMT (Technician)? The MOD website is very vague but says that a Team Medic will be in combat on the front line performing treatment while a CMT might be based on a base doing their treatment? Does a CMT see much combat?

I'm aware a Team Medic has to do the basic training but also 23 weeks training of medical work. I work as a First Responder for the Ambulance Service and I'm 18, by the time I apply I will be 20 and will hopefully have 2 years of front-line ambulance & emergency medical care experience under my belt (providing I stay with the ambulance service haha)

As said, I'm really just looking for an insight what to expect in my training? Basic and the 23 week medic training?

Cheers guys!