Share This Page:

Would this have been enough to hold back my application?

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
RAFregwannabe

Would this have been enough to hold back my application?

Post by RAFregwannabe »

Had my filter interview today (RAF regiment officer application), my careers adviser said he couldn't tell me how well it went until it is reviewed. My fitness is at or very near the standards required so that shouldn't be a problem. I was able to answer the questions on NATO, the RAF as a whole and the RAF regiment itself well. However, there were some obvious gaps in my knowledge on the questions on aircraft (I knew some names and what they were but didn't really know where any of them were based in the UK and only had a rough idea of what most were used for, if at all). While I was able to tell him how long Initial Officer Training and the JROC are and where they are based, I didn't know anything about the details of each course beyond a few vague ideas.

Obviously I will begin revising these areas immediately, but can anyone who has had involvement with the RAF recruitment process give me an idea of whether this will be considered serious enough to hold me back at this stage?
Hyperlithe

Re: Would this have been enough to hold back my application?

Post by Hyperlithe »

What they're looking to see is that you're motivated enough to go and find out the information - you knew most of it, so it'll be more about how you came across in the interview. We can't tell you if you'll get through or not, there are too many other things they'll be considering.
Good luck though!
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
Nero

Re: Would this have been enough to hold back my application?

Post by Nero »

why are u asking? you'll find out soon enough