Share This Page:

RAF Regiment vs Infantry training

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
Snedds01833

RAF Regiment vs Infantry training

Post by Snedds01833 »

Hi all,

I am thinking of joining the RAF Regiment, but nothing on the internet has any info on how difficult the training is. I know that RAF Regiment training is 22 weeks (I think), and I know that they are considered to be an "elite" (like the Marines and Paras). Is the training for the RAF Regiment considered to be harder than regular Army infantry training, or are they both the same? And how different is it, in terms of what they both do?

Thanks in advance.
Tab

Re: RAF Regiment vs Infantry training

Post by Tab »

Unless you have actually been in both how do you know. I have served in a County Regiment and the Para's so I know the difference between the two of them, and why the para's are so highly thought of.
mike.dt

Re: RAF Regiment vs Infantry training

Post by mike.dt »

A couple of my mates are in the RAF reg, and they reckon the syllabus is pretty much the same apart from the force protection stuff in the reg. I think that the training for the raf reg is actually 31 weeks all together but the last 4-7 weeks are spent on the ranges (I think!).

Anyhow, don't think about which of the training courses will be more difficult or longer or whatever! Concentrate on what you want to be doing when you've come out the other side. They're two very different jobs, The RAF regiment spend much of their time patrolling the area surrounding airfields with the view of security and protection. Whereas, the army's Infantry will spend much of their time aggresively patrolling into enemy held territory to push the enemy back and eventually into submission or complete obliteration :P

Biased Content:
Also the Army is much better than the RAF!

:D
Warfare Not Welfare
(Body Armour not Benefits)