Share This Page:

Don't fear the reaper

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
lewisshepherd

Don't fear the reaper

Post by lewisshepherd »

I do not fear death, do you think this is a positive or a negative when joining the army?
Also dose anyone else feel this way?
When life gives you lemons, squeeze them in to the wounds of your enemy's.
Millar

Re: Don't fear the reaper

Post by Millar »

Each to there own I suppose
ofens

Post by ofens »

I don't think it will really make much difference to be honest, unless it is the tip of a pyschopathic iceberg...
Nowt wrong with courage but don't walk roudn telling people you don't fear death buddy :-)
[i]Hangover is temporary, drinking lasts forever![/i]
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]
owdun

Post by owdun »

No one more dangerous to his comrades than the Cadmus soldier,who has no fear of death.I have no fear of death,its the dying bit that I worry about.
MustGetFit

Post by MustGetFit »

Do I fear death? Not particularly. I don't want to die but I know that at some stage I will. If I die while serving in the military then that is great, if I live, that is great but I want to know that I died honorably and having done what I wanted. Whether there is a heaven or not- others move on and continue their daily routine and I find comfort in that. Not fearing death in the military could be a negative or a positive but it really depends on the situation (as owdun said). Don't confuse not fearing death and bravery. In the Battle of Balaclava six hundred and thirty seven British horsemen rode towards what was almost certain death while knowing that their command had made a mistake - that is bravery. I can guarantee that most (if not all of them) didn't want to die.
It is not my war. I do not agree with it but it is my duty to protect and serve the man next to me whose war it is and who does agree with it. I will die for this man. And one day, when it is my war that needs to be fought and when only I agree with it, he will be there for me, ready to die by my side.
Tab

Post by Tab »

If you think about this sort of thing it will drive you nuts.
MustGetFit

Post by MustGetFit »

If you think about this sort of thing it will drive you nuts.
Too true. Just got to live it to the max while we are here and do what we want to :yeah:
It is not my war. I do not agree with it but it is my duty to protect and serve the man next to me whose war it is and who does agree with it. I will die for this man. And one day, when it is my war that needs to be fought and when only I agree with it, he will be there for me, ready to die by my side.
lewisshepherd

Post by lewisshepherd »

MustGetFit wrote:Do I fear death? Not particularly. I don't want to die but I know that at some stage I will. If I die while serving in the military then that is great, if I live, that is great but I want to know that I died honorably and having done what I wanted. Whether there is a heaven or not- others move on and continue their daily routine and I find comfort in that. Not fearing death in the military could be a negative or a positive but it really depends on the situation (as owdun said). Don't confuse not fearing death and bravery. In the Battle of Balaclava six hundred and thirty seven British horsemen rode towards what was almost certain death while knowing that their command had made a mistake - that is bravery. I can guarantee that most (if not all of them) didn't want to die.
I'd not consider myself brave, not in the sense you describe at least, and to some of the other posters I certainly don't want to come across as some kind of a nimrod, obviously I don't want to die and id never act in a say that risks others lives, but like 'must get fit' If I were to die in battle that would be preferable to me than dieing in my bed of some debilitating disease.
As James Dean once said "live fast ,die young,leave a pretty corpse"
When life gives you lemons, squeeze them in to the wounds of your enemy's.
Millar

Post by Millar »

Now you have better explained yourself I do agree with you, would prefer to die doing what I enjoy than to die of a horrible disease
Tab

Post by Tab »

Forget all rubbish about Queen and Country its beer and mates is the only thing that counts. Enjoy each day as they are to few as the years soon slip past and you wind up an old fart with only your memories.