Share This Page:

Need help with Program

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
sebastianPenny

Need help with Program

Post by sebastianPenny »

can some one give me a program to help with me running as I want to join as a junior paratrooper, a quick reply would help alot thank you. :D
ofens

Re: Need help with Program

Post by ofens »

You can't really just come on here and expect people to sort it out for you buddy.
If you do a search through the site there are lots of ideas and programmes you could read and try.
How old are you? If still at school (as I suspect you are) why not talk to PE teachers, they should have some good ideas :-)
[i]Hangover is temporary, drinking lasts forever![/i]
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]
sebastianPenny

Post by sebastianPenny »

ofens wrote:You can't really just come on here and expect people to sort it out for you buddy.
If you do a search through the site there are lots of ideas and programmes you could read and try.
How old are you? If still at school (as I suspect you are) why not talk to PE teachers, they should have some good ideas :-)
ok thank you i will, P.s. i didnt know what sort of planning i should make to push myself and im 16.
ofens

Post by ofens »

OK buddy, let us know how you get on :-)
Don't push yourself too hard because you don't want to get injured, you are still growing and don't want to damage yourself.
Do you do much PE at school?

Oh, another idea that might be really helpful - go to your local AFCO (Armed Forces Careers Office). There will be someone from the army who should know exactly what you need to do.
Take your mum or dad along if you can.
What do they think of your plans?
[i]Hangover is temporary, drinking lasts forever![/i]
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]
sebastianPenny

Post by sebastianPenny »

ofens wrote:OK buddy, let us know how you get on :-)
Don't push yourself too hard because you don't want to get injured, you are still growing and don't want to damage yourself.
Do you do much PE at school?

Oh, another idea that might be really helpful - go to your local AFCO (Armed Forces Careers Office). There will be someone from the army who should know exactly what you need to do.
Take your mum or dad along if you can.
What do they think of your plans?
I do alot of PE and im in BTEC sport, also im waiting for an interview now because ive sent the medical off, I just want to be able to do the 1.5mile run in 10mins or less to prove that i want this because im leaving school soon and ive been waiting since primary.
Eddiek1989

Post by Eddiek1989 »

Firstly, if you have been waiting since primary you have had 5years to sort out a plan, why has it taken till your waiting for your interview to sort it out? Just a thought..

But as for your plan, try to do some kind of phys at least 3-4 times a week. If you can get to a gym then do there maybe twice, work on core and a bit of upper body. These will help you with things like bearing the weight of your bergan, picking up ammo boxes etc. and then run twice a week aswell, maybe a short fast 1, so a mile for a warm up and mile and half fast as u can, time it each week and record your improvement. For your other run vary it each week, for paras you need to start around 5 miles upto 1 miles, so do 5 one week, then 8 the next, 6 then 7... Vary it each week and push yourself. Make sure you take rest days, especially after a hard session like a 8miler.

On rest days you can still do something, like a long power walk, or cycling / swimming.

Good luck with what ever you do, but a very good piece of Advise is if you get an injury, REST IT!! Dont try and power through it, you will only ruin your progress.
Eddiek1989

Post by Eddiek1989 »

Oh and something else my brother told me, assign an exercise to each room in your house. Like for me, i go in my front room and do 20 pressups. In my bedroom i do 30 sit ups. In the I'M A SCAMMER SPAMMER!!! i use the work top to do tricep dips.. On the stairs i can grab hold of the floor of the landing and so pull ups. (be careful doing that though!) do exercises like that and stick to it, if you put in the effort and determination you will be fine!
sebastianPenny

Post by sebastianPenny »

Eddiek1989 wrote:Oh and something else my brother told me, assign an exercise to each room in your house. Like for me, i go in my front room and do 20 pressups. In my bedroom i do 30 sit ups. In the I'M A SCAMMER SPAMMER!!! i use the work top to do tricep dips.. On the stairs i can grab hold of the floor of the landing and so pull ups. (be careful doing that though!) do exercises like that and stick to it, if you put in the effort and determination you will be fine!
i work out on my upper body alot so ill keep pushing myself on that thanks for the advice on the running, also when i was in primary i didnt know all this infomation etc.

P.s. thanks again