Share This Page:

Help with Interview.

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
RTB

Help with Interview.

Post by RTB »

Hi, my name is Ryan.

I just have a few questions if anyone could answer them please.

I am currently in process of joining, have had my BARB test, sent off my medical, had my day in Nuneaton and my last stage was an interview/numbers and letters test with my recruiting officer. My next stage is another interview, and as it has been put is realling shit or bust, you don't want to mess it up.

Any tips for this interview would be greatly appretiated, I am obviously going to dress smart and do my reaserch, but like i say if anyone has got any other tips.

I am trying to join as a VM in the REME, with my second choice being a recovery mechanic. One of my other questions is I don't yet have a 3rd job choice, how important is this, in terms of being a job i would really want? I know i need to know it for the interview but how realistic is it that i won't get either job 1 or 2?

Any more info on my first 2 job choices would be greatly appritiated as I am only reaserching and learning off a 4 page booklet i was given and the internet, so if anyone has any other info/experience than it would be appritiated.

Also, after this interview, (if all goes well) is the 36 hour assesment course, what comes after that, up untill the start of your 14 week training?

1 more question, if you were to have dramatic regrets about joining, i understand you have 28 days too decide, is that from the start of your 14 week training?

Thank you.
Tab

Re: Help with Interview.

Post by Tab »

Your I/Q on the Barb test will decide if they think you will be suitable for one of the technical trades. Interview...Well they ask you to talk about some thing or tell them about your self. If they ask you about your self, you can talk about your hobbies the schools you attended your favourite subjects you tell them your holidays and the sports that you either do are that you are interested in, now that should last at least five or ten minutes if they let you talk that long.
They may ask you about current affairs and how it affects the forces or they may ask you where you expect to be in five years time if you are accepted.
Write some thing down on your computer then just try delivering in the quite of your bedroom but get some thoughts into your head, its hardly rocket science