Share This Page:

Hand Injury?

Require help and assistance, please ask?
kinz1992

Hand Injury?

Post by kinz1992 »

I was wondering whether I would be accepted entry into the RAF, as I broke the metacarpal of my index finger, on my left hand about 6 months ago. It was a pretty bad break, and required several bolts and pins to repair it. It has recovered very well and is at about 70% of what it was before I broke it.

Would i still be allowed in?

Regards.
Amphibian

Re: Hand Injury?

Post by Amphibian »

Hello kinz1992, First of all, welcome to the forum.

Its a tricky one really when it comes to broken bones.
I think you would be best off asking in your local careers office, because they tend to have the most up to date information.

What area of work are you looking to get into within the RAF?

http://www.raf.mod.uk/careers/?

If you haven't decided yet, take a look at the link above.

This is the number for asking any questions: 0845 605 5555
And the link below allows you to find the nearest careers office if you have the chance. This is probably the best option really.
http://www.raf.mod.uk/careers/applicati ... office.cfm

If you need anything else please ask as many questions as you like. Best of luck.

Amphibian
"Chin up, crack on"
kinz1992

Post by kinz1992 »

Thanks for the reply.

I'm hoping to get into the dog handling side of the police section in the RAF.
Yeh, I'll get myself down to the careers office and see what they say, fingers crossed.

Regards
Amphibian

Post by Amphibian »

From what iv heard its a good job role to get into....providing there are spaces!

Keep us all informed :)

Amphibian
"Chin up, crack on"
kinz1992

Post by kinz1992 »

Been a bit buisy but finally got myself down to the careers office. They did say it comes down to the medical, but they seemed pretty sure that as long as you are able to fulfill your role up to the normal standard there shouldnt be too many problems. So if anyone comes across this thread with a similiar worry, it should turn out OK, unless if really, really bad.

@Amphibian- Ha, yeh I was expecting to be given an aplication form, But given a phone number to call instead afterwhich they get back to you at some point. Seems the waiting list is already quite exstensive from what they were telling me.

Just out of interest are you in the forces?

Regards