Share This Page:

Medical Records

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
ZepMisty11

Medical Records

Post by ZepMisty11 »

Morning all, so i just completed my medical (RG8) form, took it to my doctors, and to my knowledge he's completed it and sent it back. All my boxes where ticked no, and obvioulsy i expect the Dr to have done the same as i know that i havent had any complaints specifically the one's mentioned in the RG8 form itself.

My question is this, what happens in the future, i.e. will my full medical records be asked for? obviously i dont expect any come back in regards to the RG8 form, but will my medical records be asked for in full in the future??? i.e. if i gain entry into my chosen trade? (Intelligence Corps).

The only reason i ask, is because i am presently in the process of moving GP's and was just wondering wether i should hang fire before moving or wether the RG8 form is enough proof/confirmation for the relevant medical divisions?
mike.dt

Re: Medical Records

Post by mike.dt »

Your RG8 will go off (once completed and posted) to the relevant ADSC. There the doctor will go through it and and check that you fit the basic medical standards. Unless your GP has ticked a box on the form confirming that you have a condition/injury that breaches the medical requirements then all should come back fine.

Once you go to your selection and have a medical there, the nurse will ask you to complete a form which will allow the medical staff there to gain access to your medical records as they will need to confirm from your medical history that you're not in breach of any requirements. After this the army officially has access to your med docs and once your in, if the med staff need to they can check on the computer database at your med docs.

So no, you won't need to present a full copy of your med docs to anyone, and also I don't see any reason why you would need to once you've passed selection anyway. It shouldn't make any difference to the recruitment process if you switch GP's.

Hope this helps :)