Share This Page:

Re-applied for the royal marines

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
daz89

Re-applied for the royal marines

Post by daz89 »

Ok lads, I first applied for the royal marines when I was just 16/17 years old. 5 years on, a lot more mature-er, fitter, stronger mentally and physically me I have finally applied again. Not to mention phase 1 training in the British Infantry and a few civilian jobs in between!

I remember when I first applied there was many bootneck hopefuls on this site, quite a few of whom I had the opportunity to go on the same PRMC with and help each other through the long process of written tests, interviews and physical tests. Is there anyone applying just now? Lets get these forums back up and running with other would be recruits again!

Anyway Im still waiting on the AFCO getting back to me, because I’m ex army they had to send my documents down to Plymouth and they decide if I am allowed to re-apply. Does anyone know what they base their decision on? I done extremely well in basic training and had very good leaving reports so I don’t see a problem. I am bricking it however over the medical (my hearing isn’t as good as it used to be! But fingers crossed).

Im looking forward to the tests again and feel a lot more confident than I did first time around, thanks to this site I know exactly how to push myself and get fitter week by week so again, I’d like to say thanks for the countless posts of useful information!

Im off for a run in the sun! With a dozen hill sprints chucked in for good measure :D

Have a good weekend :drinking: