Share This Page:

Not sure what to do, will i still be accepted?

Require help and assistance, please ask?
balloon

Not sure what to do, will i still be accepted?

Post by balloon »

i apllied to join the army around 6months ago but i put off doing any thing further along until now because i wanted to get fit, but on my first application i made up my employment history, and now im about to apply a second time im not sure if i should stick to my original application an the made up employment history or just re apply and be completely honest im 19 and been in college a few years since i left school and then just did a bit of labouring here and their wherever i could

will they find out that i wasnt being honest about my history like in the back ground checks or should i just stick to what i said the first time round,

im not sure what to do,

thanks
Hyperlithe

Re: Not sure what to do, will i still be accepted?

Post by Hyperlithe »

Tricky one mate, obviously you should have just been honest straight from the start, but it's too late for that now - I would go for a complete rewrite, and stick to the truth. Owning up to having embellished your CV at this point would be better than getting caught out later!
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
balloon

Post by balloon »

Hyperlithe wrote:Tricky one mate, obviously you should have just been honest straight from the start, but it's too late for that now - I would go for a complete rewrite, and stick to the truth. Owning up to having embellished your CV at this point would be better than getting caught out later!

yeah youre probably right, i think next time round just be completely honest and hope my work history doesent count against me too much, also do you know if the reference matters much because i dont know any one who fits the criteria to be a reference who isnt my family, i could always use my high school tutor but that was 3 yrs ago i was at school, does the reference matter much as long as they dont say something really bad about me like im a phsychopath or something
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Think I used my secondary school headmaster, but then, even though it was about 10 years after I'd left school, he lived in the same village as me and was friends with my parents, so it's a bit different fom your case. You certainly can use your tutor, but see if you can find somebody else who knows you currently as well. Even if it's just a friend, as long as they've not been in trouble with the police or anything, it should help.
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
balloon

Post by balloon »

Hyperlithe wrote:Think I used my secondary school headmaster, but then, even though it was about 10 years after I'd left school, he lived in the same village as me and was friends with my parents, so it's a bit different fom your case. You certainly can use your tutor, but see if you can find somebody else who knows you currently as well. Even if it's just a friend, as long as they've not been in trouble with the police or anything, it should help.

i have a cousin whose in the army or is about to leave would it be able to use him as a reference? otherwise i think ill probably just go with the old high school tutor all my mates are about my age so dont think any of them would fit the criteria stuff for it

thank you for your reply's,
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Yeah, your cousin should do fine.
I did put down a couple of my mates, but then I was 26 and godmother to one of them's son, so I had it a little easier than you do!

Best of luck.
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours