Share This Page:

Joining TA to eventually progress to Regulars

General discussions on joining & training in the Territorial Army.
josh99

Joining TA to eventually progress to Regulars

Post by josh99 »

Hi,
I have recently applied to the RMPs but and I am still in the application stage. I have completed my 1st interview and due to take BARB test soon. I have been told that should i get through (and hopefully i will -well you've got to stay positive), that I am in for a long wait until the next intake, as they don't even have a date set, so it's looking likely to be January 2011. And in addition no ADSC date yet either.
I was just wondering though, is there not a way to join the TA in a similar/different role just while I am waiting to gain some practical experience of the Army? I'm guessing that there probably won't be but I wish there was. :(
Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

Josh
MSI64

Re: Joining TA to eventually progress to Regulars

Post by MSI64 »

The simple answer is No.

Please remember that the TA is still part of the functioning Army. Applying for the TA is exactly the same as applying for the Regulars, so in theory you would have two applications running at the same time.
Now you can apply for the Army after you have joined the TA.

I hope this all makes sense!
Courage which goes against military expediency is stupidity, or, if it is insisted upon by a commander, irresponsibility."

"So long as one isn't carrying one's head under one's arm, things aren't too bad."

Erwin Rommel (Desert Fox)