Share This Page:

Advice on medical

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
eleven

Advice on medical

Post by eleven »

Hi want a bit of advice on appealing my medical. Basically i tryed to join the paras last year,and failed my medical on 5 different things,4 of them are now up and the last one i failed on still has a year to go,and thats eczema,so what im asking is do you think its worth appealing since i have only one thing on my medical standing in my way.Ive put on around 20lbs on since my medical failed so i reckon im around 2 months away from getting fit again to apply.Also if i were to apply again and they tell me i have to wait another 12 months would it make any difference if i tryed the marines would they also say no because of my army application any help would be much appreciated.
barb test-66 passed 27/7/2009
interview-done 11/8/2009
medical-in Progress failed
can re apply july 2011
timex

Re: Advice on medical

Post by timex »

If you've failed the Army medical it would be very unlikely you would pass the RM one.
Dalishus

Re: Advice on medical

Post by Dalishus »

To be honest mate, you will probably have to sit this out until your year is up.

You could attempt to try the Marines, it is a seperate application so they can't stop you, but you will be failed for the same reason.

The medical requirements for each service are suppose to be equal, you fail with one you fail with all, however from 'my' experience the Army are a little less stringent... in comparison to the Navy and RAF that is (obviously for specific trades / roles the requirments may be higher i.e pilot, bomb disposal etc).

Unless you have valid reason or evidence that takes you out of that year bracket for eczema, you'll just have to grin and bear it.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.