Share This Page:

prac retake - URGENT ADVICE please

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
Dalishus

prac retake - URGENT ADVICE please

Post by Dalishus »

hi guys,

so i failed PRAC a couple of weeks ago. everrthing was fine except i messed up the steeplechase, did 21.37 need to chop off a couple of minutes.
going back 23rd june, its the only date they can give me.

problem is, i'm going to thailand for 3 1/2 weeks TODAY. i've bought a camel pack, taking running gear and what have you.... two of the however many hotels were staying in have gym facilites so i can do some body weight stuff in there, as well as in the nice air conditoned rooms. plus, i'm taking my feet to the beaches to do some early morning FARTLEK (figured i could also do some intense incline running and stuff on machines aswell)

i'm hoping to be exercising 4/5 days a week minimum, and doing what i can when opportunites arise like press ups wherever, swim purposely in the sea for half hour or so etc

but my questions are these;

1. i'm obviously gonna have to watch what and how much i drink. but, providing i'm still doing the phys would alcohol have a major impact on the fitness?
2. am i right in thinking, stay off the beer - drink wines and spirits if im gonna drink?
3. does anyone have any experience in running in hot and humid conditions?! (ANY TIPS?) i'm talking 25 - 35 degrees C in 70 - 90% humidity?
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
charnock1990

Re: prac retake - URGENT ADVICE please

Post by charnock1990 »

Hi, yes i do quite alot of hill running in cyprus. I find it alot harder in the heat, but i suppose thats a good thing. I wouldnt do much more that 4 days a week funning, rest is SO important. If you overtrain you may get injured. I would just try not to drink too much. I dont think it will affect you that much.