Share This Page:

Want The Paras But Have Black Watch As A Back Up

"Be The Best" Discussions about the British Army.
scotjock1

Want The Paras But Have Black Watch As A Back Up

Post by scotjock1 »

Well basically put my run time is 11 minutes and 44 seconds. I want the paratroopers, however their run time is 9 minutes 18 seconds so of course I have a lot of work to do.
Press ups I can do 50 in 2 minutes however that is improving, and 30 sit ups when my feet are held down in a minute.
Like anyone joining you are told to have a desired regiment and of course a second choice.

Paratroopers: 1st choice.
Black Watch: 2nd choice
The Rifles: 3rd choice

Basically I am just interested to hear people's views on these regiments, primarily Black Watch and The Rifles so I can compare them and make a final choice.
When I first went into AFCO I chose Paras as my 1st choice, Rifles my 2nd choice and 3rd choice Grenadier Guards. However i'm changing them.
"Why do anything else, other than the military."
Fusilier

Post by Fusilier »

Maybe read up on their roles. You can imagine what part of the Grenadier Guards are going to be doing. Is this something that you would be interested in?

Many are going to say the Para’s are the best etc. However they are all great Regiments. Do your own research.
[url=http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/SCD4/806d_7.jpg][img]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/SCD4/th_806d_7.jpg[/img][/url]

"The Regiment has served in every major campaign dating back to 1674."

3 RRF
Anti-Tanks: MILAN
Army Colours for Judo.
Tab

Post by Tab »

All the Regiments are very well trained, it is case of making YOUR mind up and picking the one you want to be in. Seeing that you feel that you are not good enough for the Para's may mean that in your mind you have already failed, this is not the way to approach it.
alias

Post by alias »

im sure they will allways be recruiting paras, there is allways a war that needs fighting somewhere. can you just joing wanting to go into one regiment/division or do you have to put down 3 options?
daz89

Re: Want The Paras But Have Black Watch As A Back Up

Post by daz89 »

Only you can make your mind up mate, Personally I went for the royal regiment of scotland (3 scots the black watch) but I had my own reasons for that. You cant put the black watch as your chosen regiment because the watch is a battallion now. You put the Royal Regiment of Scotland, then when you start training you pick 3 scots the black watch as your first choice battallion.

Looking at your run time I would suggest not going for Paras but you will be able to get it down if thats what you really wanted.

Good Luck