Share This Page:

Dog handler

Require help and assistance, please ask?
yogi2749

Dog handler

Post by yogi2749 »

Hello,

Im thinking of joining to become a Dog Handler and wanted to know if any one new the BARB test points I need to get there?
I did the online test and got a min of 74|% on each test!
and also how fast do I need to do the 1 1/2 mile run in?

Thanks Rob
welshnoggin

Requirements

Post by welshnoggin »

If you get a barb test of 60 or more then you won't have a problem. As for the run, recruits to the infantry (not incuding paras) need to be running a mile and a half under 13 minutes and other trades under 14minutes. Although a male under 29 eventually will need to do the run under 10.30 min so might as well be aiming under that straight away.

Hope this helps. Don't forget to practice your situps and pressups too! At least 50 situps in 2min and 44 pressups in 2min. :)
yogi2749

Dog handler

Post by yogi2749 »

Welshnoggin,
Thanks so much for your help, Running and situps I will be fine now I just need to work on my pressups ;)

Rob
MSI64

Re: Requirements

Post by MSI64 »

welshnoggin wrote:If you get a barb test of 60 or more then you won't have a problem. As for the run, recruits to the infantry (not incuding paras) need to be running a mile and a half under 13 minutes and other trades under 14minutes. Although a male under 29 eventually will need to do the run under 10.30 min so might as well be aiming under that straight away.

Hope this helps. Don't forget to practice your situps and pressups too! At least 50 situps in 2min and 44 pressups in 2min. :)
Please if you dont know the answer please dont guess as it makes life hard for others.

Para 9.40
Infantry 10.30
Engineers 12 minutes
All Others 14 minutes

Press ups and sit ups is a best effort thing in two minutes, this will not be tested at ADSC but you will be scored on how much effort you put in.

Whilst ten minutes thirty is the time to get, this does not need to be achieved until you reach your Unit.
Courage which goes against military expediency is stupidity, or, if it is insisted upon by a commander, irresponsibility."

"So long as one isn't carrying one's head under one's arm, things aren't too bad."

Erwin Rommel (Desert Fox)