Share This Page:

Advice - in trouble

Require help and assistance, please ask?
deaco

Advice - in trouble

Post by deaco »

Please can someone give me some advice. My son is waiting to start Basic Training (no date set yet due to being full currently, they have said will be months yet) but on Friday night had some bother when he was out and is now on bail until 8th Feb.
Will this stop him being able to enter the army? Or put it on hold until the situation sorted out? They arrested him for an assault which on the surface is serious until you know the full story. I do believe everything he has told me and more so so did the Police but the other person is hell bent on going ahead with the charge.
Im sorry if ive posted on wrong part but have done quite a bit of searching and cant find what im looking for.
arctic lizzard

Post by arctic lizzard »

He wont be able to enlist until the whole thing is sorted out.

Just tell him to keep out of trouble in the mean time.

I hope everything goes well and he manages to get in.
5% skill, 95% looking good
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

Also depends on what he gets too.

Cant join until fine/community service is done. if he gets a suspended sentence then he cant join till its spent.

Prison time will lead to a time bar till his rehabilitation period is spent.
Courage which goes against military expediency is stupidity, or, if it is insisted upon by a commander, irresponsibility."

"So long as one isn't carrying one's head under one's arm, things aren't too bad."

Erwin Rommel (Desert Fox)
deaco

Post by deaco »

thanks, will do. He hasnt been in any trouble at all then some drunk idiot is now putting his career at risk.
Ironically we had been in to see the guy at the Recruiting office (sorry know he has a title but im not familiar with it all yet) about my younger son joining too. He was so buzzed up about it because he had been told how good his reports were at Selection etc and the standard please please stay out of trouble pep talk. He is gutted, and i am for him too. He will go and speak to the recruiting office tomorrow and let them know where he stands right now.
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Sorry to hear he's got in trouble.
His best bet now is to be completely honest and upfront with the recruiter, and keep them up to date with every development. How he handles this will be noticed, and could make a difference to his application.
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours
deaco

Post by deaco »

He went and saw the Recruiting officer the following morning. He was very good and understood the situation and pleased that he had been so honest with them straight away. He said will not affect him right now as there is likely to be such a lengthy wait to start Basic training at the moment and hopefully it will all be sorted out by then. If he has a start date before sorted out or conviction it will be a different ball-game but he'll have to cross that bridge if/when it comes.
thanks for replies