Share This Page:

TA Medical & Ear Surgery

General discussions on joining & training in the Territorial Army.
< KEVIN >

TA Medical & Ear Surgery

Post by < KEVIN > »

Hi just back from my application submission at my local ACO,
I'm 27yo BMI is 22, i went to the gym today and have my induction this sunday, I do smoke 20 per day but this is being tackled and being accepted by the army will give me the will power to quit.
Dont drink.

ok..........

Application in some what when good and now have to wait until a local unit gets in touch.

Heres my problem, about 7 months ago i had an operation to fix my perforated ear drum cause by infection. (Myringoplasty)

I told this to the recruiting officer and said usually you have to wait 1 year after any surgery before applying. if so am out of luck?

I have a slight loss in my hearing on my right side about 10% from my last hearing test before was 25% loss so surgery has improved it alot.

I am scheduled to go back to the hospital in March for a final check on my operation but the last check was fine and its completely healed.

i've never had a problem with hearing since.
I'm paranoid i will get rejected and would be gutted.

whats your views?

Thanks
Kevin
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

Already answered on another site lol
Courage which goes against military expediency is stupidity, or, if it is insisted upon by a commander, irresponsibility."

"So long as one isn't carrying one's head under one's arm, things aren't too bad."

Erwin Rommel (Desert Fox)
< KEVIN >

Post by < KEVIN > »

what?
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION ON ARRSE
Courage which goes against military expediency is stupidity, or, if it is insisted upon by a commander, irresponsibility."

"So long as one isn't carrying one's head under one's arm, things aren't too bad."

Erwin Rommel (Desert Fox)
Tab

Post by Tab »

There was a time when you get free cigarettes in the army and every smoked non stop, so I can't that 20 a day is problem