Share This Page:

medical problem

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
eleven

medical problem

Post by eleven »

I got a letter at start of the week saying that cause my BMI was 31 when i 1st went in to see about getting into the paras that my medical had failed and i could apply again when it was 28 or under.My BMI is now 27.5 and i am 2 stone lighter and would still like to lose at least another stone but also under the bit about my BMI they said that cause i have had eczema in the past and i got shot at around 2 years ago and went to my doctors for a sick line cause i said i was getting panick attacks they said i had to be free from eczema and panick attacks for 3 years.So after getting the letter i called my recruiter and said my BMI was down and that my eczema was only very mild and since ive stopped working with my dad at tileing ive not had eczema in the last year also that i never used the sick line that i got for getting shot at and infact went straight back to work the week after it.So he basicly i would need to get a letter from my doctor saying i dont suffer from eczema any more and that i dont suffer from panick attacks my doctor is doing me a letter the now to pick up on friday and i will got down and hand it in just wanted to ask if my medical should pass after this letter cause the letter i got said when my BMI was lower i could try again but it also said i had to be free from eczema and panick attacks for 3 years what do use people think ?
barb test-66 passed 27/7/2009
interview-done 11/8/2009
medical-in Progress failed
can re apply july 2011
Tab

Post by Tab »

Eczema.......Now that can easily flare up in desert conditions and when exposed to the blistering sun. If you have have panic attacks I wonder what would happen if you get into battle. So why chose the Army why not try Navy where the conditions are a lot better for this sort of thing
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

Do you still have any patches of Exzema???
Where you taking any medication for your panic attacks??

Your recruiter knows his job, HOWEVER he cant control what the Doctors decide.
Your letter will get you to the Medical but the doctors down at ADSC have the final say.
eleven

Post by eleven »

the eczema was only very mild and only got it on my wrists and i think it was caused by the cement and ive never had a panick attack my mate though it would be a good idea to go on the sick and not have to work for a few week i no very daft also after the shooting there was cctv when the 2 guys were shooting at me i knocked 1 of them over then turn around again and try to run them back over seen the video with the CID so its clearly not made me panick the 2 guys ended up jumping over a fence and running away i just really want to get into the paras and hope my medical doesnt stop me from trying i might not even make it to get in but i would like the chance to try
interview-done 11/8/2009
can re apply july 2011
eleven

Post by eleven »

no marks from eczema havent had it for at least a year maybe longer and never had and medication for panick attacks
interview-done 11/8/2009
can re apply july 2011
eleven

Post by eleven »

did my apeal last wednesday guy said it usually takes around 3 weeks to hear back from them im hopeing they wont bother about the 3 year wait as ive been clear of ezcema for well over a year guy said i should be fine anyone else had this problem and how did it go ?
interview-done 11/8/2009
can re apply july 2011
ofens

Post by ofens »

Those are some of the longest sentences I've ever read!
Do you really talk like that??
[i]Hangover is temporary, drinking lasts forever![/i]
[b]IT WILL COME[/b]
eleven

Post by eleven »

lol no mate.Just used to typing like that i guess
interview-done 11/8/2009
can re apply july 2011
trigger88

Post by trigger88 »

I know what you mean, I have had a bitch of a time. 3 years ago I had a mild case of ezema, at the time it was a 6 months referal, I re-applied 6 months later, then they told me it was a year, so I re-applied 6 months later, then they told me it was 3 years, I re-applied this year. I finally did my adsc in scotland, but they found a slight infection in one of my ears. My doctor has to send a letter off stating my good health, then hopefully I can get on with the PRAC.
eleven

Post by eleven »

ive been fine for the last year and a half,so i hope they dont make me wait the full 3years, it will seem like forever waiting for a year and half to pass
interview-done 11/8/2009
can re apply july 2011
eleven

Post by eleven »

Tab wrote:Eczema.......Now that can easily flare up in desert conditions and when exposed to the blistering sun. If you have have panic attacks I wonder what would happen if you get into battle. So why chose the Army why not try Navy where the conditions are a lot better for this sort of thing
is the navy more relaxed on medicals ?
interview-done 11/8/2009
can re apply july 2011
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

eleven wrote:
Tab wrote:Eczema.......Now that can easily flare up in desert conditions and when exposed to the blistering sun. If you have have panic attacks I wonder what would happen if you get into battle. So why chose the Army why not try Navy where the conditions are a lot better for this sort of thing
is the navy more relaxed on medicals ?
No is the simple answer
ParaToBe

Post by ParaToBe »

By joining the navy what he meant was you won't be doing such arduous tasks as you would in the paras unless you join the rm's obviously but he means it is alot more chilled out in the navy in general, alot better living conditions. I thinks xD.
IT WILL COME!

81 press ups in 2minutes.