Share This Page:

PGAC

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
Reece Hearn

PGAC

Post by Reece Hearn »

my pgac starts on november the 2nd, wondering if anyone else is on the same day? and if anyone is going from the essex area.

im looking forward to it massivly, but im still worried about the 3mile run. i can do it in 22minutes, but ive been informed that they now stop half way and then give you 10minutes to do the last 1.5miles on your own, is this completely on your own with no pacemaker?

im also wondering if i will make the top 15people. im aware every group must be different but on average do u think i would make he cut? i can do 50press ups and 50sit ups in a minute each,and can reach lvl 14 on the bleep test. and i always give everything 110%. thats the main reason im worried about the 3mile run is the fact that if someone is leading in front of me i can stick with them piece of cake, but the second im on my own i feel tired and find it hard to keep a decent pace.

thanks,
Reece.
gpw2009

Re: PGAC

Post by gpw2009 »

Reece Hearn wrote:but the second im on my own i feel tired and find it hard to keep a decent pace.
Best thing to do mate is just get out there and do the run. Do you know what time it is for the first half of the run? Then best effort for the last part? If you do it now, you will have confidence when you get down there. You need to be at your best as all the services can take their pick as recruiting is so high.

Good luck!
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
("If you want peace, prepare for war!")

ADSC: Passed 07/07/09
Depot PARA: 18/10/09
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

if your giving it 110% like you say your capable of and have achieved level 14 on the bleep test then I predict 8 min to 8.30 on that mile and half. Besides you wont be doing it on your own you will have other lads running hell for leather to get the best time also - just make sure you beat them. Message back and let me know what you got when you do it!
'Every man an Emperor'
bored_stupid

Re: PGAC

Post by bored_stupid »

Reece Hearn wrote:im looking forward to it massivly, but im still worried about the 3mile run. i can do it in 22minutes

thats the main reason im worried about the 3mile run is the fact that if someone is leading in front of me i can stick with them piece of cake, but the second im on my own i feel tired and find it hard to keep a decent pace.
I don't mean this to come out the wrong way so don't take this as an insult but............ If you're running 3 miles in 22 minutes you're not going to be in the front on your own. There's bound to be lads who can run it faster than that so don't worry too much as you'll still have people to chase even if there's not a PTI in front of you.

The other thing is, even if you are at the front on your own, you're still not on your own as there'll be 30 odd other lads running behind you trying to overtake you so that should help drive you on!

Good luck mate and all the best.
scanlon527

Post by scanlon527 »

basically run it as ur in a race and think no matter what you want to come 1st as it make u stand out form the over lads
AST:Passed
Medical:Passed
PGAC:5/02/10
TG:?
crouchy

Post by crouchy »

i did my PGAC in Sept and failed on the assualt course due to me messin up on the cargo net if u can do 50 press ups and 50 sit ups n level 14 on bleep test u should do the assesment bits easy however the real test on the tuesday afternoon when you do the skirmish ex which is were they beast you for a few hours however when i did mine the skirmish ex lasted longer then normal as the ptis were determined to make as many people drop out as possible its a mental thing u just gota belive u can do it and keep pushin through the pain n u should pass
Reece Hearn

Post by Reece Hearn »

cheerz for the comments.
as some of you say if i take the run like a race then that should drive me. i remember in school a few years ago i used to always find that bit more just because i had other people around me i could beat. so hopefully this will be the case when i do the run :)
and ive changed my training a little bit to accomodate for the skirmish exercises. ive added a 6mile run to my routine and im already feeling like its paying off, ive improved my 3miles to 20minutes and i dont even feel tired after (hopefully this is where the 'i want first place' motivation should come in as i will have energy to run the hell outa my legs for the last stretch :D)
anway, cheerz for the comments, il write back once i hopefully pass