Share This Page:

Concern over my medical

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
Goose87

Concern over my medical

Post by Goose87 »

As you can imagin with me being a new member and recently applying for the RAF Regiment there is 101 questions rolling round in my head about the application process.
I was wondering if my previous medical history could hamper my application.
Two years ago i dislocated my Pattella (knee cap) playing football and while iwas going through the rehabilitation stages of physio the physiotherepist was warning me of how this could be a re-occuring injury for me and that it would effect my football. Athough i was warned as soon as i could run i started playing again and going to the gym to strengthen my legs to make sure it wouldnt happen again. I have never had a single problem with it since, but i'm worried of how the RAF will take it.

Any feedback is appriciated 8)
Mair1990

Post by Mair1990 »

I would say to take a trip to your local GP and see if he/she can give you a letter or something similar to say that there is no problem with your knee and take that along with you to your medical test.

Good Luck with joining.
Trade: Mover
Interview: Passed
Medical: Passed
Fitness: Passed
Pre RTC: 14th Jan 2010
Start Date: 17th March 2010
Goose87

Post by Goose87 »

Mair1990 wrote:I would say to take a trip to your local GP and see if he/she can give you a letter or something similar to say that there is no problem with your knee and take that along with you to your medical test.

Good Luck with joining.
Cheers mate i'm looking into going for a check-up on it as soon as.
“As the builders say, the larger stones do not lie well without the lesser.” - Plato