Share This Page:

July been a terrible month for deaths?

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

Wholley wrote:you are keeping at least one member entertained :D
Thanks Wholley! :D

Tab: he has!
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
("If you want peace, prepare for war!")

ADSC: Passed 07/07/09
Depot PARA: 18/10/09
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

gpw2009 wrote:
Thanks Wholley! :D
That last remark was not aimed at you smart ass,although I do find your posts entertaining :D :D
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

Wholley wrote:although I do find your posts entertaining :D :D
One try's one's best! I hope you meant ALL my posts! :P
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
("If you want peace, prepare for war!")

ADSC: Passed 07/07/09
Depot PARA: 18/10/09
got1

Post by got1 »

One for Plymouth_Patriot.
It Is The Soldier

It is the Soldier, not the minister
who gives us freedom of religion

It is the Soldier, not the reporter
who gives us freedom of the press

It is the Soldier, not the author
who gives us freedom of speech

It is the Soldier, not the march organizer
who gives us freedom to protest

It is the Soldier, not the lawyer
who gives us the right to fair laws

It is the Soldier, not the politician
who gives us the right to vote

It is the Soldier who salutes the flag
Who serves them beneath the flag
And whose coffin is draped by the flag

We allow the protester to burn the flag, WHY !
Plymouth_Patriot

Post by Plymouth_Patriot »

gpw2009 wrote:
Plymouth_Patriot wrote:II am a good man if you were to know me personally. I spend most of my spare time helping others. I do a lot of good in my local community
This is not an attack on you, just your views my friend.

The harsh truth is, for all the research and reading you do, you will never be able to know exactly what has taken place or said. It's the classic case of two sides to every story.

Do you think we should bomb their embassy for this:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World- ... _Elections

It's wrong and i'm not happy.......... :evil: :roll:
I will take a good look at that link. Thank you very much. I remember when I spoke to an alcoholic on a bench and he said he was Iranian. He was in his fifties, a big man with a large scar on his face and I asked him what the Savak secret police were like. That man immediately broke down and cried like a baby. I already knew that in 1953 Churchill & Eisenhower funded and orchestrated the coup d'etat that removed the Elected Iranian leader Mosadeeq. The man they sprung from jail to setup the coup also set up the Savak secret police. That again was all because Iran wouldn't concede to our plans for trading their oil. We live in a sick world. After all the posts that have been attacking me back for example to get off my soap box and f**k off from this forum Ive learnt a little about diplomacy. Im not here to make enemies, to criticise or condascend. I just want people to look at history and not believe most of the twisted information that's on the 6 o'clock news on the BBC etc. which is doing our wonderful country great harm.
'What good fortune for governments that the people do not think' - Adolf Hitler
Plymouth_Patriot

Tab wrote:I am surprised that you have not come out with the old adage that it is all being about oil in Afghanistan,
Yes I have already posted about it - The oil & natural gas is in Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and kazakhstan, massive reserves of what is left in the world. Afghanistan is the only viable route to get it out to the Indian ocean to be shipped overseas & Taliban representatives wouldn't play ball when they were invited to the US in 1997 to talk about the security of the country to ensure the safety of the pipelines.
gooner_27

Post by gooner_27 »

What is your beef with what we're doing in afghan, All you seem to want to do is spout a load of s**t and anger people. Do you know the reason why people come on forums like this? its to get an insight into what people like me are getting into from experienced soldiers past and present, But you, What military experience do you have? what possible interest could you have in what we talk about, It seems to me that your bin ladens biggest arse licker, You try and defend him and your signature is a quote from one of the biggest w**kers going HITLER.
dont you do anything else apart from watch the news and take notes so you can offend people on here? get a bloody life.
BARB TEST 60
WRITTEN MED PASSED
FORMAL INTERVIEW PASSED
ADSC PASSED
INTAKE 30TH NOVEMBER 2009 ATR PIRBRIGHT
ROYAL LOGISTIC CORPS
Plymouth_Patriot

gooner_27 wrote:What is your beef with what we're doing in afghan, All you seem to want to do is spout a load of s**t and anger people. Do you know the reason why people come on forums like this? its to get an insight into what people like me are getting into from experienced soldiers past and present, But you, What military experience do you have? what possible interest could you have in what we talk about, It seems to me that your bin ladens biggest arse licker, You try and defend him and your signature is a quote from one of the biggest w**kers going HITLER.
dont you do anything else apart from watch the news and take notes so you can offend people on here? get a bloody life.
I can't get any military experience, I'm too old to do so even if I wanted to. I hope you find you find fulfillment from your chosen career and keep safe, the man standing next to you may one day save your life.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

Lets keep this on an even keel.Some of the points PP makes are pertinent although I do not necessarily agree with them and I find some historical anomalies among what he types.
No insults or personal attacks please.
I have been guilty of the above in the past for which I'm sorry.He has a right to expound on what he believes is fact.Most here will not agree,but if we all egreed with each other would'nt life become a little tedious?

Best,

Pvt.Pyle
Paddysprat

Post by Paddysprat »

Wholley wrote:but if we all egreed with each other would'nt life become a little tedious?
I agree :wink:
'Paddysprat' a phrase used when explaining the origins of an 'Army Brats' accent.
Wholley

Post by Wholley »

'Kin forum is full of smart asses all of a sudden :D :D
Sisyphus

Post by Sisyphus »

Plymouth_Patriot wrote: Below is what Afghanistan MP Malalai Joya has to say about her country and the people of Afganistan are DEFINATELY NOT HAPPY.

Almost eight years after the Taliban regime was toppled, our hopes for a truly democratic and independent Afghanistan have been betrayed by the continued domination of fundamentalists and by a brutal occupation that ultimately serves only American strategic interests in the region.

You must understand that the government headed by Hamid Karzai is full of warlords and extremists who are brothers in creed of the Taliban. Many of these men committed terrible crimes against the Afghan people during the civil war of the 1990s.

In the constitution it forbids those guilty of war crimes from running for high office. Yet Karzai has named two notorious warlords, Fahim and Khalili, as his running mates for the upcoming presidential election.

I have a different message to the people of Britain. I don't believe it is in your interests to see more young people sent off to war, and to have more of your taxpayers' money going to fund an occupation that keeps a gang of corrupt warlords and drug lords in power in Kabul.

The Afghan people want peace, and history teaches that we always reject occupation and foreign domination. We want a helping hand through international solidarity, but we know that values like human rights must be fought for and won by Afghans themselves.
Reading Ms Joya's views suggests she is incredibly naive. She is able to define the problem but offers no realistic proposal to solve it. 'We want a helping hand through international solidarity' is meaningless.

She says that human rights must be fought for by Afghans themselves seeming to ignore what she has pointed out: that Afghanistan is dominated by warlords [and has been for centuries]. Alone, the Afghans have no chance (or very little chance) of ousting the warlords on their own.
Tab

Post by Tab »

Plymouth Patriot.....When you mentioned about the oil you mention all all the Stans except Afghanistan. Now are you going to try and tell me that they want to lay a pipe line over all those bloody hills in Afghanistan rather than stick it on a ship else where. If there was ever a country with out any notable natural resources then it is Afghanistan
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

appeasers of countries we are at war at never bare well with me, as they tend to take out their rants on the serviceman as apposed to the paymaster. needless to say the rants fall on deaf ears as we couldnt care less - we all have a job to do, just another day in the office. why oh why though do these terrorist harbouring/state countries always get the hand wringing 'go easy on them' approach by certain people from our little island (PP)? We all know that going to war isnt as black and white as 'the sun' makes out - there are a lot of national economic interests at stake. however, bleating on about how bad the great satans are (US, UK) in comparison to the (quite frankly) medievil and somewhat primitive nature of the eastern world (funnily enough muslim) countries makes me laugh and more often than not think - just leave them to it and have nothing to do with them whatsoever, recreate the school atlas and brainwash our children into thinkin that part of the world doesnt exist. harsh views - but seeing some of the things these 'barbarians' have done, its hard in this day and age coming from England to imagine that humanity exists in that region of the world.
'Every man an Emperor'
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

The problem is distortion. Because of all the media coverage of Iraq and Afghanistan, even Libya at the moment, the whole of the Middle East is being tarred with the same brush. That's a huge generalisation to make! I've visited several countries over here, and met some fantastic people. For example, do you know anyone in the UK who would invite 16 foreigners that they'd never met round to their house and cook them all a banquet just because a couple of them knew one of their friends in a different country? I certainly don't!
The constant bombardment by the media with negative images of Middle Eastern countries gives a false impression. It's a bit like lumping us in with France...
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours