Share This Page:

PGAC 3 MILE RUN

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Air Force.
Phil Taylor

PGAC 3 MILE RUN

Post by Phil Taylor »

HI EVERYONE I WAS JUST WONDERING IF SOMEONE WHO RECENTLY PASSED PGAC COULD CLARIFY SOMETHING FOR ME...

I WAS TOLD AT THE AFCO THAT THE 3 MILE RUN WAS 3 MILES IN 24 MINUTES RUNNING ALONG SIDE A PTI AT THE FRONT SETTING THE PACE AND A PTI AT THE BACK.

NOW I HAVE BEEN ON THE RAF REGIMENT WEBSITE AND HAVE FOUND THE JOING INSTRUCTIONS AND THE COURSE PROGRAM AND IT SAYS ABOUT THE 3 MILE RUN - 'Three mile run - 1.5 miles in 13 minutes, 30 seconds for water and 1.5 miles best effort in 10 minutes 30 seconds.'

HAS THIS RECENTLY CHANGED OR IS IT OLD JUST WANTED TO KNOW FOR MY TRAINING, ALSO IF IT IS BEST EFFORT IS IT WITH THE REST OF THE LADS OR ON YOUR OWN?
Initial Interview: 28/04/09 - Passed
AST: 20/05/09 - Passed
Interview: 16/06/09 - Passed
Medical: 01/07/09 - Passed
PGAC: 26/10/09 - Failed on 3 mile run
TG Course: ?
GunnerBhoy

Post by GunnerBhoy »

Got my PGAC ina few weeks mate, from what i gather its 1.5 miles with the PTI's at a steady pace (i heard it was in 12 mins but may be wrong), then a 10 second break followed by 1.5 best effort to be completed in under 10.30. Hope this helps.
Hyperlithe

Post by Hyperlithe »

Basically the first 1.5 miles is considered your warm-up, the second 1.5 miles is the key, you must complete it in the fastest time you can (under 10:30), it's YOUR best effort, forget what everyone else is doing.
You can have peace.
Or you can have freedom.
Don't ever count on having both at once.
The life that I have
Is all that I have
And the life that I have
Is yours