Share This Page:

BARB Test

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
Chris46

BARB Test

Post by Chris46 »

What score do you need to get in your BARB test to go to the Parachute Regiment? Setting my sights high and gona say I want to join Pathfinder Platoon if that makes a difference. Also do GCSE's count? If so I have an A, 2B's, 2C's,2D's and an E and then a Nat Diploma as well. Not 100% sure if these even matter though. Thanks in advance.
MSI64

Post by MSI64 »

26, Hate to say it but Infantry is the lowest score in the BARB and you dont need any qualifications.

However 56 or over and you can be streamed by the Infantry for different jobs Mortar/AT/RECCE that sort of thing, but everyone has to do some time as a rifleman before specialization.
EagleEyes

Post by EagleEyes »

You'll have no problem chris mate. You've got ample qualifications.
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

Not thought about going the 'Officer' route mate. They are good qualifications!
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
("If you want peace, prepare for war!")

ADSC: Passed 07/07/09
Depot PARA: 18/10/09
Chris46

Post by Chris46 »

Not a chance of me bein a rupert lol. I'm happy enough as general duties soldier for 2 years until i can specialize and jst give it my all from day 1 of training and hope for Pathfinder.
eleven

Post by eleven »

whats pathfinder mate
barb test-66 passed 27/7/2009
interview-done 11/8/2009
medical-in Progress failed
can re apply july 2011
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

They are part of 16 Air Assault Brigade mate. Mostly blokes from the Para's but I think it is a tri-service thing. Presuming thats if you have done P-Coy (including II Squadron RAF Reg.), the Commando tests and are parachute trained.

The next step up from a patrols platoon I would think..... :-?

Stand to be corrected though! :D
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
("If you want peace, prepare for war!")

ADSC: Passed 07/07/09
Depot PARA: 18/10/09
Chris46

Post by Chris46 »

I'm not completely 100% sure about what I'm about to say about Pathfinder Platoon so don't go by it.

As far as I can see its a secretive platoon in the Para's which you can specialize in. Training and selection is comparable to SAS (obviously not as hard or as long). Once in your trained in HAHO and HALO jumps. On ops your job is to go in ahead of everyone else, using HAHO or HALO jumps to trick enemy radar, or by heavily armoured vehicles, and find safe rendezvous points, safe houses, where the enemy is etc. Essentially its Reconaissance (sp) except alot more chance of you being compromised.

Looks like a good starting part if your hoping to go SAS later in your career!