Share This Page:

the Parachute Regiment Assessment Course (PRAC)

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
EagleEyes

Post by EagleEyes »

jxnxg wrote:hi yeah it is called 730 bruneval platoon its on my joining instructions and got my army number too i got my kit list about week ago it was posted out to me and i got my oath tomorrow everything has to be labeled with ya surname and ya number, i got everything on list now not that much really great relief you dont have to take ironin board but u do have take iron if you want copy of list let me know i will post it on ere but sure you will get yours wednesday when you do your oath, and hopefully get train warrant too when we do out oaths.
Ah, Sound, no ironin board! Mate, are the first 3 numbers of your service number 300? or 301? I seem to be the only one with a 301 number, I wonder if its a mistake. I heard everyone has 300 now (apart from me . :x )
jxnxg

Post by jxnxg »

thanks for that got twisters and bungees cos someone else had told me even tho they ar not on your list just didnt wanna take them if was gonna get into trouble for taking em cos they not on list.
jxnxg

Post by jxnxg »

300 are my first 3 numbers mate
jxnxg

Post by jxnxg »

check when you go for your oath to make sure mate cos sure it'll be on ya certificate you get
A White

Post by A White »

Sorry for being a complete idiot but what are "Bungees and Twisters" :o
jxnxg

Post by jxnxg »

bungees are elastic things with metal hooks on end and twisters are similar but smaller but for your trousers.
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

A White wrote:Sorry for being a complete idiot but what are "Bungees and Twisters" :o
Goto a army surpless store mucker, they should have them there!
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
("If you want peace, prepare for war!")

ADSC: Passed 07/07/09
Depot PARA: 18/10/09
A White

Post by A White »

Cheers lads
paraprep1

Post by paraprep1 »

anyone know if we have to bring a suit or not?
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

paraprep1 wrote:anyone know if we have to bring a suit or not?
I never when I went last time. As soon as I got into the block, I was issued a maroon jumper (not para reg obviously, had a nice bayonett on it) and some bottoms and got told to get into them. Then got into uniform when issued that. Never seen my civi clothes until after week 6 long weekend. There never was any need for one mate, so I personally wouldn't bother, but, your choice mucker! :D
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
("If you want peace, prepare for war!")

ADSC: Passed 07/07/09
Depot PARA: 18/10/09
jxnxg

Post by jxnxg »

[quote="paraprep1"]anyone know if we have to bring a suit or not?[/quote

on the kit list it doesnt say suit just says 1 set of civillian clothes no more as you dont get chance to wear them till after week 6 like the uva guy says.
A White

Post by A White »

EagleEyes wrote:
jxnxg wrote:hi yeah it is called 730 bruneval platoon its on my joining instructions and got my army number too i got my kit list about week ago it was posted out to me and i got my oath tomorrow everything has to be labeled with ya surname and ya number, i got everything on list now not that much really great relief you dont have to take ironin board but u do have take iron if you want copy of list let me know i will post it on ere but sure you will get yours wednesday when you do your oath, and hopefully get train warrant too when we do out oaths.
Ah, Sound, no ironin board! Mate, are the first 3 numbers of your service number 300? or 301? I seem to be the only one with a 301 number, I wonder if its a mistake. I heard everyone has 300 now (apart from me . :x )
My first three numbers are 301 as well, so your not the only one :)
A White

Post by A White »

jxnxg wrote:
paraprep1 wrote:anyone know if we have to bring a suit or not?[/quote

on the kit list it doesnt say suit just says 1 set of civillian clothes no more as you dont get chance to wear them till after week 6 like the uva guy says.
When did you get your kit list as i still haven't got mine!!! :o
jxnxg

Post by jxnxg »

A White wrote:
jxnxg wrote:
paraprep1 wrote:anyone know if we have to bring a suit or not?[/quote

When did you get your kit list as i still haven't got mine!!! :o
no soz mate my first 3 numbers are 300 not 301 and i got my kit list last week monday i think it was posted out to me from my careers at wolverhampton but i did ring up before that and they said they were waiting on catterick to send them out then week after like i said monday of last week i got it, nothing really hard on there to go so dont worry bout it but if you want i can put a copy up here, and i also when did my oath today is is tomorrow you have yours or friday cos i bet you get your kit list then and in there there is a form you have to fill in and send back to catterick letting them how and what time you getting there.
jxnxg

Post by jxnxg »

just a thought when n how did you get your number if you have not got your kit list and joining stuff from catterick as my number was on there and its 8 digits