Share This Page:

the Parachute Regiment Assessment Course (PRAC)

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
A White

Post by A White »

paraprep1 wrote:a bit off topic but, i was just on youtube watching some vids on the paras, and i noticed on every single one there are loads of little twats who feel the need to bring up how the royal marines are so much 'tougher' and 'better', i cant help but wonder why they feel the need to spread their insignificant opinions around the site, i know its pretty pathetic of me to care but it just makes my blood boil :evil: !

ah that feels better now ive had my rant! :P
lol nothing to worry mate, im sure when we get to depot we will be the same saying how good the paras are 8). Saying that though i've got a mate in the royal marines and he's already giving me stick for joing the paras :P
A White

Post by A White »

gpw2009 wrote:
A White wrote:what happened to you was it a serious injury you got?
It was a back injury mate, thats why it has took 2 years to be able to re-apply!! Suppose they needed to see it was all ok.

Advice..... mmmmmmm Just listen to what your told to do, the training staff all say "don't think, just do" which is true! Be prepared physically too, it makes life so much easier with the PT and stuff. The main thing is to try and get as much stuff off the kit list your given as possible. You do need it ALL :D
Cheers for the advice :P , also someone mentioned to me taking baby wipes as well because apparently when you go on exercise all the toilet roll gets nicked.
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

A White wrote:someone mentioned to me taking baby wipes as well because apparently when you go on exercise all the toilet roll gets nicked.
Yeah very true mucker! :D

You do get some tissues in your ration pack though!

Forgot to say, try and sort out a wash shave kit for the field. Small versions of everything, i'll PM you and show you the sort of stuff!
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
("If you want peace, prepare for war!")

ADSC: Passed 07/07/09
Depot PARA: 18/10/09
A White

Post by A White »

Sweet thanks for the advice :D
jxnxg

Post by jxnxg »

hi
on the kit list for paras, catterick it states wash powder/liquid is that hand or machine any ideas.
thanks
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

jxnxg wrote:hi
on the kit list for paras, catterick it states wash powder/liquid is that hand or machine any ideas.
thanks
Hand wash stuff mate! Liquid stuff is best! :D

jxnxg

Post by jxnxg »

ok thanks lot then better get some then cos off soon.
jxnxg

Post by jxnxg »

off to catterick in 2 weeks got my joining instructions and kit list just wanted to ask is there anything that i do need and should take which is not on the list somebody told me bungees and twisters but i dont want to take them if i'm not spose to great if someone knows.
EagleEyes

Post by EagleEyes »

jxnxg wrote:off to catterick in 2 weeks got my joining instructions and kit list
I'll see you there mate me and a few others have the same start date ;)
When/how did you get your kit list and joining instructions? I've still not had mine posted. I've got my oath on wednesday so I gather I'll get them then.
paraprep1

Post by paraprep1 »

although i dont have any of the docs yet ive heard from a lad i know also on our intake that our platoon name isssss (drum role begins... :P ) 730 bruneval platoon! getting close now lads!!!
EagleEyes

Post by EagleEyes »

paraprep1 wrote:although i dont have any of the docs yet ive heard from a lad i know also on our intake that our platoon name isssss (drum role begins... :P ) 730 bruneval platoon! getting close now lads!!!
Haven't you got your service number yet?
paraprep1

Post by paraprep1 »

yeah i have, but thats it, i got my oath on friday, and like you said hopefully i will get everything then, if not i may have a panick attack :o
jxnxg

Post by jxnxg »

hi yeah it is called 730 bruneval platoon its on my joining instructions and got my army number too i got my kit list about week ago it was posted out to me and i got my oath tomorrow everything has to be labeled with ya surname and ya number, i got everything on list now not that much really great relief you dont have to take ironin board but u do have take iron if you want copy of list let me know i will post it on ere but sure you will get yours wednesday when you do your oath, and hopefully get train warrant too when we do out oaths.
jxnxg

Post by jxnxg »

surname and last 4 numbers sorry of ya army number
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

jxnxg wrote:somebody told me bungees and twisters but i dont want to take them if i'm not spose to great if someone knows.
Take some twisters mate, a few pairs, they are always getting lost when your rushing around changing kit. Bungees too mate, can't have enough when your putting up your poncho! :D