Share This Page:

treatment of recruits in training

General discussions on joining & training in the British Army.
potRMC

treatment of recruits in training

Post by potRMC »

ive recently had a taster of the royal marines during training and one thing that shocked me was the level of abuse/language thrown at you. Is this the same for the army aswell?
thanks.
nel

Post by nel »

Of course it is numnuts, so grow a f@#k backbone and get amongst it, you knob!!!!!!!

lol they will treat you like a mong for as long as they see it necessary, but their not their just to abuse us, contrary to belief I heard we may get shot and have mortars lobbed at us if we get to afghanistan.
gunner75

Post by gunner75 »

Its part and parcel but once you pass everyones friends and can go back to normal everyday niceness to everyone. To be honest recruit training now has become a tad more 'softer' to encourage people not to leave too soon. My recruit training in 4 Para inolved a lot of 'motivation' via the 'hair dryer' treatment in the face with the odd punch or boot chucked in for good measure. Later on in life in the RAF Regt there was the shouting and what have you, but it all felt bit milder in comparison, but perhaps that was because I was older and it didnt bother me as much.
'Every man an Emperor'
timex

Post by timex »

What did you expect? The Corps (and the Army) want you to realise that this isn't playtime, their is a big nasty world out there. I suspect that your opinion of abuse is a lot different to many others on here.