Share This Page:

the Parachute Regiment Assessment Course (PRAC)

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

EagleEyes wrote:Yes I got my date a few days after ADSC. You're missing out if you dont do PRAC I really enjoyed the few days... and it was a good wake up call for a few of the guys on my course, as they found out they were no where near fit enough.
Did they mention anything about a start date for training though or just the PRAC? Just thinking that they might send me up there between now and October, but didn't think they would confirm my joining date.... :-?
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
("If you want peace, prepare for war!")

ADSC: Passed 07/07/09
Depot PARA: 18/10/09
paraprep1

Post by paraprep1 »

i had to wait a fairly long time for both my PRAC date and my training date. however i was on the very first PRAC course so maybe it a bit disorganized then. on my course a lot of lads already had their starting date before PRAC so be prepared if the do decide to send you mate!
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

Looks like I will just have to wait and see what happens. Wouldn't mind giving it a shot even though I know what the training and discipline is like.

Just seems weird that I have my date, but that is a good thing though! :D

EagleEyes

Post by EagleEyes »

gpw2009 wrote:
EagleEyes wrote:Yes I got my date a few days after ADSC. You're missing out if you dont do PRAC I really enjoyed the few days... and it was a good wake up call for a few of the guys on my course, as they found out they were no where near fit enough.
Did they mention anything about a start date for training though or just the PRAC? Just thinking that they might send me up there between now and October, but didn't think they would confirm my joining date.... :-?
At the interview at the end of ADSC the interviewer told me I'll have to now go on a PRAC course and to ring my AFCO to organise it, at my PRAC most of the guys had there start date.

If you're recruiter hasn't said you'll be going on one then I gather you wont, It's a shame really, It would have broke up your 2 months wait as well...
J.Fazza

Post by J.Fazza »

A White wrote:
J.Fazza wrote:Alright lads. Just to let you know that you will do your oath about 1-2 weeks before you leave for depot and you will get your joining instructions either at your oath or through the post near the time you leave for training.
I was worrying that i hadn't received anything and it was 3 weeks before i left. But, i got everything done, so don't worry lads :)

Good luck fellas
Cheers, by the way how it's going you enjoying the training?
I leave on sunday mate
BARB - 71
Medicals - Passed
Interviews - Passed
ADSC- Passed
Chosen regiment - The Parachute Regiment
Start depot - July 12th
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

EagleEyes wrote:At the interview at the end of ADSC the interviewer told me I'll have to now go on a PRAC course and to ring my AFCO to organise it
The officer interviewing me said the same...? :-?

To be fair the person I spoke to today was not my recruiter, he was away, so might call in and double check. And my recruiter is Para Reg so he might know what's what a bit more!

Cheers for the replies lads :D

Good luck J.Fazza for Sunday, you should be well into your training by the time I get there! 8)

EagleEyes

Post by EagleEyes »

Spoke to my recruiter today and he said I've got my oath on the 29th but to go in and pick up my kit list and joining instructions any time...
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

Well I went in to see my recruiter and I haven't got to do PRAC. As I'm a re-enlister he said that I should know what the fitness standards are and I have seen what it's like at Catterick so there is no point.

Not sure if this will apply to all re-joiners, better to aim off for it just in case! 8)

So here's to depot in October, anyone else get this date in the future, let me know! :D

A White

Post by A White »

You say your a "re-enlister", what regiment did you join or try for last time? if you don't mind me asking that is :)
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

A White wrote:You say your a "re-enlister", what regiment did you join or try for last time? if you don't mind me asking that is :)
Was going Para last time mucker, so I think that was one of the reasons why I don't have to do it. 8)

A White

Post by A White »

Sweet, how come you dropped out last time?
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

A White wrote:Sweet, how come you dropped out last time?
Got Mediaclly Discharged mate, but all sorted now and going for round two! :D

A White

Post by A White »

Dedication :D what happened to you was it a serious injury you got? Also as someone who has expeerience at CIC Para, you got any handy advice for I get there that could be useful
paraprep1

Post by paraprep1 »

a bit off topic but, i was just on youtube watching some vids on the paras, and i noticed on every single one there are loads of little twats who feel the need to bring up how the royal marines are so much 'tougher' and 'better', i cant help but wonder why they feel the need to spread their insignificant opinions around the site, i know its pretty pathetic of me to care but it just makes my blood boil :evil: !

ah that feels better now ive had my rant! :P
gpw2009

Post by gpw2009 »

A White wrote:what happened to you was it a serious injury you got?
It was a back injury mate, thats why it has took 2 years to be able to re-apply!! Suppose they needed to see it was all ok.

Advice..... mmmmmmm Just listen to what your told to do, the training staff all say "don't think, just do" which is true! Be prepared physically too, it makes life so much easier with the PT and stuff. The main thing is to try and get as much stuff off the kit list your given as possible. You do need it ALL :D