Share This Page:

hi, some help, answers and advice welcomed please...

General discussions on joining & training within Special Forces.
big wilson

hi, some help, answers and advice welcomed please...

Post by big wilson »

hello and good day,

first of all just wanna get the small talk out of the way.

ive been thinking of looking into 23 selection, but before i make that all important call there is bags load of info i would like...which i why i have joined this forum in hope that amongst the piss taking i might get some useful advice.

1st off...im 28 and i was an op in the artillery at 26th regt, i left some time ago, but im a good standard of fitness (im aware it needs to be immense to have a crack), ive run the last two years london marathons in under 4 hours...but only just, i do some fell running and some tough man runs...and my swimming is above average...how ever im not dim, and im aware that i have a long way to go before i can even consider attempting "selection" so ive pretty much been trying to gather every bit of info i can on training (the book fighting fit) and also anything else to help me in my bid to attempt selection...which im looking to do if accepted in the next 12 months....

what i would like to know is.

a. what is involved in pre selection training.

b. the compulsary CIC ...i can pretty much guess whats involved, but id still like as much info as i can.

c. any training tips would be useful

d. do i need to brush up on my weapons knowledge?? ie not just the standard sa80..even though its been modified now...and called somthing else

e. entry requirements for getting to at least attempt pre selection

f. are you allowed to use your own boots?? aslong as they are acceptable ie lowa boots..

g. any other info...including a nice cake recipe??

many thanks for your time to any one that reads this, and also to those who reply to it.

cheers....