Share This Page:

the Parachute Regiment Assessment Course (PRAC)

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
J.Fazza

Post by J.Fazza »

JunkBox wrote:12ft? that you have to climb? :o In all seriousness how are you meant to do that?
teamwork
BARB - 71
Medicals - Passed
Interviews - Passed
ADSC- Passed
Chosen regiment - The Parachute Regiment
Start depot - July 12th
A White

Post by A White »

well done mate what was your run time on the course? how did you find the steeple chase and trainasium?
I got 9:11 on the 1.5miler, which i didn't think was too bad considering you have to do a 3.5 mile warmup at a 9/8 minute pace on a crap course :)
The trainasium was good fun, the steeplechase was by far the hardest thing as your putting in 110% for 1.8 miles across tough terrain and through those water obstacles lol
david wa

Post by david wa »

hi everyone,

is there anyone here starting the paras on the 31st of may?
paraprep1

Post by paraprep1 »

david wa wrote:hi everyone,

is there anyone here starting the paras on the 31st of may?
i believe partymarty is, i almost got that date but i missed the vacancy by seconds :evil:
david wa

Post by david wa »

A White wrote:
well done mate what was your run time on the course? how did you find the steeple chase and trainasium?
I got 9:11 on the 1.5miler, which i didn't think was too bad considering you have to do a 3.5 mile warmup at a 9/8 minute pace on a crap course :)
The trainasium was good fun, the steeplechase was by far the hardest thing as your putting in 110% for 1.8 miles across tough terrain and through those water obstacles lol

very true. the 3.5 mile warm up was a joke lol then we had a 1-2 mins rest max then of you went. my best time before the (prac) course was 9.04 and that was at selection, somehow i done it in 8.45 and the track was alot harder. i thought that was going to be the hardest thing on the course, until they showed us the steeplechase the warm up lap was a struggle on its own then your best time. i started off in last place until the CPL told me i need to start moving :D so i done as i was told and i found myself fighting for 1st place. the last 400M was by far the hardest uphill over a few logs and gates. i came in at 17.15mins oh and make sure you do your boots up VERY TIGHT you dont want to get any stones in your boots because they will rub on your blisters and cause some pain ;).
oh and the illushion jump > its called that for a reason, dont think about it just do it:)
partymarty1987

Post by partymarty1987 »

Alrite mate, im there 31st May. Done my oath today so just waiting now. Have you got msn or facebook? i'll have a word with you on there if you have, theres a few lads going down. Think i've been talking to about 10, and 2 of my mates from my area are startin on the same date.

Send me a private message or summik bud, take it easy
david wa

Post by david wa »

>>>> partymarty1987 did you recive that pm??
im new to thsi site and not sure if im doing thgings right.
jxnxg

Post by jxnxg »

i have my prac on the 26th june just wondered do you have to do a certain amount of sit ups and press ups in 2 mins or is it just ya best..
david wa

Post by david wa »

jxnxg wrote:i have my prac on the 26th june just wondered do you have to do a certain amount of sit ups and press ups in 2 mins or is it just ya best..
im sure its 50 press ups and 60 sit ups, some people didnt got 44 press ups and still passed for the paras. i think the main thing is for them to see that you are putting in 100%. when you carnt do anymore press ups get on your knees and strecth your arms for a few secounds then carry on, that should help you get a few more.
A White

Post by A White »

jxnxg wrote:i have my prac on the 26th june just wondered do you have to do a certain amount of sit ups and press ups in 2 mins or is it just ya best..
Too be honest you should be aiming for 70+ on both. Some people got 55 or 60 and where told it has to be alot higher
A White

Post by A White »

david wa wrote:
A White wrote:

very true. the 3.5 mile warm up was a joke lol then we had a 1-2 mins rest max then of you went. my best time before the (prac) course was 9.04 and that was at selection, somehow i done it in 8.45 and the track was alot harder. i thought that was going to be the hardest thing on the course, until they showed us the steeplechase the warm up lap was a struggle on its own then your best time. i started off in last place until the CPL told me i need to start moving :D so i done as i was told and i found myself fighting for 1st place. the last 400M was by far the hardest uphill over a few logs and gates. i came in at 17.15mins oh and make sure you do your boots up VERY TIGHT you dont want to get any stones in your boots because they will rub on your blisters and cause some pain ;).
oh and the illushion jump > its called that for a reason, dont think about it just do it:)
Yeah the warm up on the steeplchase was nasty, but was also good fun as you get shown those water obstacles :D. doing it best effort was the hardest thing i think i've done. i had some CPL running with me pretty much all the way from the half way point just yelling at me to over take the person in front, which i did :). i got just under 18 minutes 17.56 i think on that
jxnxg

Post by jxnxg »

on prac course when do they tell you have either passed or failed?
paraprep1

Post by paraprep1 »

jxnxg wrote:on prac course when do they tell you have either passed or failed?
...at the very beginning when you arrive... :roll:
A White

Post by A White »

jxnxg wrote:on prac course when do they tell you have either passed or failed?
Lol at the end. They basically tell you weather they won't you in the regiment or not!
jxnxg

Post by jxnxg »

was there need for sarcasm i meant like at selection fail ya medical you out so just wondedred if anything like that , thanks for the decent reply tho i had