Share This Page:

Commando: On the Front Line

General Military Chat. New to the forums? Introduce yourself, Who are you and where are you from?
Control

Commando: On the Front Line

Post by Control »

Hi guys,

I'm considering going RMR but just wondered if anyone knew where I could get my hands on the FULL episodes of Commando: On the Front Line? I know ITV4 showed them a while back, and might be doing again? Trouble is, I don't get the chance to watch a lot of TV, is there anywhere I can download them off the net?

Thanks in advance!!
JunkBox

Post by JunkBox »

http://www.youtube.com/profile?gl=GB&hl ... =playlists

there ya go mate they're all there and then some :D
Control

Post by Control »

Thanks mate but I was thinking more along the lines of the hour long episodes that are showing on ITV4, not the 30 min ones that we saw on ITV 1 last year.

But not seen the 55 Year old Commando before, good watch that.
hoot

Post by hoot »

I have the series on DVD buddy bought it from HMV, but i even on there the episodes aren't an hour long so maybe recording them off the TV is the only option ... ? Good luck

Andy
tom163

Post by tom163 »

I bet they have just cut two 30 min episodes together because ITV's War Season does'nt last long enough to show all the 30 mins episodes.
803troop

Post by 803troop »

They are showing the hour long episodes on ITV 4 on Sunday nights 2100 hrs.

Episode 4 was on last night.

Baz
JunkBox

Post by JunkBox »

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Commando-Front- ... 527&sr=8-1

For £10 with free delivery I think thats a pretty good deal.
AcUk

Post by AcUk »

I sent ITV an email about this a while back, heres their reply.

Thank you for your enquiry.

The ITV1 series was released on DVD to co-incide with the original transmission in 2007. The ITV1 series was made up of a 60 minute series opener followed by 7 x 30 minute programmes (NB the running times referred to here are all slot lengths, so actual running times are 47 and 25 mins respectively).

Once these had been completed we went back and made 60 minute versions of all programmes for ITV4. These were not distributed on DVD as they had not been completed at the time that the ITV1 series went out.

I have checked with the department that makes and sells DVDs and unfortunately in the current climate there aren’t any plans to release the 60 minute programmes.

The DVD that’s on sale does also include “The 55 Year Old Commando” which is a 60 minute programme showing Chris’s attempt to pass the Commando tests and be awarded a coveted honorary green beret.

It might be worth looking on Amazon for this as its on sale there for £10.98 at the moment .

I hope this is of help.

Regards

ITV Viewer Services
jstagg

Post by jstagg »

In short, it's not coming free, it won't be free ever, you can find some where to download it, sad thing is we can't say, buy it.
2 Rifles.

Herrick 10/11 Completed.

Home in September.