Share This Page:

Two days in!!

Discussions about those units who make up The Parachute Regiment.
Scouse_liam

Two days in!!

Post by Scouse_liam »

just had a msg off me mate whos mate has just gone to depot and they have just said. two days in and 13 lads have gone! Is this notmal?? and why?? Me and a few of the lads on here could of had them spaces.
BE A w@#k OR A PARATROOPER."
2 PARA
sportbilly42

Post by sportbilly42 »

If the text was from a few days back, it could be that during the cold weather some of the more sensitive souls couldn't hack the discomfort and jacked it in. Too much of a shock to the system for those brought up in central heating and such like. Winter intakes can sometimes have the reputation of being 'harder'. You get the same beasting in Summer (or warm weather) intakes, but you don't have the cold, wet misery that saps your energy at the same time.

Always a pi$$er when sprogs drop out, but that's what depot and other early training is about. Sorts the wheat from the chaff. You lads on here have an idea what to expect and know that it WILL get better, as long as you grit your teeth during the $hit bits.

These 13 drop-outs (they may include injury drop-outs) may have thrown a track when going into this COMPLETELY different environment.
Scouse_liam

Post by Scouse_liam »

They have literally beein in two days. A think its because the lads went down there thinken there goin to be a para and dont relise it will be hard and alot of work involved, i am hoping anyway. We have been given great advice of the boys on here and understand it will be shit, but depot is not the parachute regiment. Battalions are alot more relaxed and easier. so i have heared haha
2 PARA
mm1306

Post by mm1306 »

Some platoons get more dropouts than others, there are screws who are supposed to have never passed out an original but hats off to them for getting 13 in 2 days!!!
Scouse_liam

Post by Scouse_liam »

Why is that a good thing getting them out on two days??? Is it because there going to come out at some point, so might aswell get them out now!!!!!!!!
2 PARA
mm1306

Post by mm1306 »

Didn't say it was a good thing but 2 days is a short time to injure people or get them to put in their letter assuming the normal methods of beasting are used.
Tab

Post by Tab »

If they feel it is to much hard work or to uncomfortable it is better if they go quickly rather than hang around moaning all the time and brining down the morale of the rest of the intake
Richard

Post by Richard »

In a way yes it is a good thing.. When your in training they will break you! you just need to suck it up untill you get used to it!
You will be doing alot of teamwork and if one can't cope youl all suffer.
Im not in the Paras yet, its just my opinion..
Tab

Post by Tab »

What they are really looking for are people that don't know when they are beaten. During training you will feel half dead on a run or a assault course but instead of stopping and saying i can't go on, you dig deep and keep going. Thats what the course is all about