Share This Page:

AET advice

"The Team Works" Discussions about the Royal Navy.
bucko-LFC

AET advice

Post by bucko-LFC »

Hi everyone,

Just need a bit of advice really...I'm joining as an AET and just waiting on a start date, I was wondering how often an AET gets to spend on the ships? From what i've heard it seems mostly land based?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks
harry hackedoff

Post by harry hackedoff »

Welcome aboard Bucko,I don`t have a clue mate, but I know a place where you can find out and tell me 8)
www.royal-navy.mod.uk/

Whilst you`re at it, start reading this :wink:
www.navynews.co.uk/

Good luck mate.
[url=http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/groupcp.php?g=397][img]http://www.militaryforums.co.uk/forums/images/usergroups/listener.gif[/img][/url]
bucko-LFC

Post by bucko-LFC »

Thanks, I'll take a look
AdamC16

Post by AdamC16 »

Am an AET in the mob mate, if you got any questions give us a bell.

Post by 30036091 »

after phase 2, you will be based in culdrose for abit, you will visit the airbase whilst on training at raleigh all though you could be based anywhere where the RAF are, the most common is Brize Norton, then you will join your ship - it is common too be based at shore, this could also be many foreign ports, but you can choose to join a ship, which will be accepted, HMS Ocean is currently taking in AET's, its also one of the hardest phase 2 in the navy ;)
zrichi

Post by zrichi »

Yeah I've got my informal interview tomorrow. Wish the process would speed up as I've spent a good year coming to this decision. I've heard the 6 months or so at college is a fooking nightmare and you've just really got to keep your head down and study your arse off.

I've started studying for it now actually