Share This Page:

Im 31..ROYAL MARINES OR ROYAL NAVY?? (newbie)

"The Team Works" Discussions about the Royal Navy.
s3ansk1

Im 31..ROYAL MARINES OR ROYAL NAVY?? (newbie)

Post by s3ansk1 »

Hello there to you all reading....if anyone is : )

Ok here it is, im 31 : ( 32 this november 29th 2008. Ever since i left school i thought about joining the RN, but circumstances changed that, i met my wife(now divorced)and after 10 years together working together, running a boarding kennels and cattery (im ready for the punns) i feel totally lost and not sure what to do. Being 31/32 doesnt help either, so now im thinking back to when i wanted to join the RN and thinking is it too late in my life to join?? how will i be treated because of my age? will i be picked out and made to look silly in front of the other lads/lasses? and one big question which im sure wil cause some debate....the RN or the RM ???? im very fit still, do the gym 3 times a week, very strong left wrist ; ) and very keen and thrive on hard work and being pushed to my limits. Sorry to go on one, other thing, im quite outspoken for example i recently worked on a building site in london, and found alot of the guys there were so racist(im white...well pinkish) that i had to confront the owner of the business and tell him whats going on as i hate any form of bullying and racism. I have a sense of humour and love a laugh but i know when to draw the line! Thanks in advance and please give me an honest answer will be very appreciated! and thankyou to you all for your work in the forces and supporting YOUR country!
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

My advice would be to follow your heart, assuming you are up to the job.If you don't, you'll regret it forever...

Your maturity can surely only be an asset, giving you the life skills youngsters won't have.

As for your personal views - still best not making ripples in the water...

Good luck
s3ansk1

Post by s3ansk1 »

Thanks for you reply, and taken on board : ) Is it possible to join as an officer?? if so what qualifications do you need??

Thanks again
chak

Post by chak »

one of my really good mates from royal marines training started when he was 31. Sadly he had to leave during phase 2 because one of his kids got really ill.

but he joined again in the rmr and got his lid :P

dont let your age put you off, it can be done :)