Share This Page:

Boots for the endurance course

General discussions on joining & training in the Royal Marines.
RMR_Nod

Boots for the endurance course

Post by RMR_Nod »

Hi all,

I'm on a POC in December and have learned that while for the bottom field session I'm required to wear boots with a substantial heal block (I'm going to wear pussers boots), the endurance course just requires black boots of a military style. Can anyone reccomend a good pair of boots just for the endurance course and the run back to CTC? I was considering Magnums or similar because they'd let the water drain out...
803troop

Post by 803troop »

Why not just wear pussers boots?

That's what you'll have to wear throughout training so get used to them. There'll be no room for go faster Gucci boots when you're there. You can pick them up quite easily.

The are of this design (and tread)

http://www.argoss.co.uk/boots.html

but if you are willing to put a little bit of research in you can get new ones for £20 - £25.

Baz
RMR_Nod

Post by RMR_Nod »

I've already got a set issued and am used to wearing them. I may be overthinking things, but if a lighter, better pair of boots is of any benefit to me on the endurance course, I'm up for putting my hand in my pocket.

I do see your point though.
druadan

Post by druadan »

To be honest Pusser's boots are pretty light, by comparison to Lowas/Hanwags etc etc. You could get some 'urban' boots, but I wouldn't bother, waste of money really for minimal gain, and you lose a lot of the ankle support which is quite handy running over shit ground when you're piss-wrapped and hanging out.