Share This Page:

Some advice on my current strength scores

General discussions on joining & training in The Parachute Regiment.
tom163

Some advice on my current strength scores

Post by tom163 »

Thought it mite be time to get a bit of perspective on how my strength scores are comming along and how much more will be needed to make Depot more comfortable. I don't want to go in scraping the bare minimum scores required, as thats making things alot harder for myself and not really living up to the motto.

My current scores are as follows- (my best scores to date)

Pressups (marine style)- 50 in 1.09 then 1 minute break then another 30 also marine style. Just for the record they were done proper marine style not like the videos you see on youtube. :roll:

Situps- 84 in 2.00 exactly then onto 120. Done with someone holding my feet.

Dorsal Raise- 1 min 41 seconds.

Lunge with 10kg- 20 then 10 sec break and 20 more.

Squats- 80

Tricep Dips- 100

Bycep Curls with 10kg- 20 each arm, 40 total. Don't laugh only just started weights :lol:

That is my usual work out looks like. I have just started going to the gym as all the above was just done in my room with no access to all the machines etc which I now have. I do have 1 year left until the end of my college course and when im hoping to get to Catterick all going well so there is no reason my scores won't be ALOT better by then.

Thanks
DJSOLUTION

Post by DJSOLUTION »

Sounds spot on to me mate, I mean you could get in with those scores providing your runnings up to speed and if youve got another year you should be well ahead of the bare minimum.
Application sent - 16/07/2008
BARB Test - 04/08/2008 PASSED
Insight course - 05/09/2008 PASSED
just_me

Post by just_me »

Marine-style press-ups being the ones with both hands together?
tom163

Post by tom163 »

Not sure, I was told marine style press ups was just keeping your elbows parallel to your side.

Like these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJk5uquUiC0

Looking on the internet there is different marine versions with some were you clap after each one :-?.
just_me

Post by just_me »

Right, cheers. The clapping one sounds more like a party trick to be honest (to me)
tom163

Post by tom163 »

Yeah same to me. Tryed it once though and nearly broke my wrist. :lol:
just_me

Post by just_me »

Are your other scores (ie. Tricep dips and squats) just done to max? And where do you put your arms when doing sit-ups - across your chest or side of head?
tom163

Post by tom163 »

Tricep Dips I have never done to the max to be honest, Squats yes 80 is my best max score to date, every score I posted are my max apart from Dips. Sit Ups I put hands each side of my head (near my temples) and try hardest not to let them move about.

What I do above is in one workout which takes about 15-20 mins and I do them in order-

1) Pressups max
2) 1 min break
3) Pressups max again
4) Situps timed in 2 minutes
5) carry onto my max
6) 1 min break
7) Dorsal Raise max time
8) Lunge with 10Kg max
9) about a 30 second break
10) Squats max, going rite down and up
11) Dips 100
12) 1 min break
13) Bycep Curls
14) Pull ups (if I have access to a bar)

EDIT: I did'nt put that smiley there, but cannot get rid of the little **** lol.
just_me

Post by just_me »

Sounds pretty decent to me to be honest. Good luck for when you decide to go for it.